African American Weddings
Options

Anyone singing to DH at the wedding?

What are yoursinging? I need inspiration!IdeasOne he kept for meSaving all my lovegiving myselfI don't like either of these. :( any suggestions that you all have heard or are doing yourselves?? TIA!

Re: Anyone singing to DH at the wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    *what are you singing?*  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI said this was his only request for the wedding day that I sing at some point, so I must.... LOL I'm trying to decide between Beyonce's Halo Toni Braxton's I Love Me Some HimMary J Blige's Natural Woman...I'm singing before we eat at the reception... I guess I better make up my mind soon since I only have 16 days to go, LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The same with me! so I have to find something I have just under 2 months to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not answering your question but I envy you ladies. If I open my mouth to sing, either: The church will get emptied in a fraction of a second OR   People will take the phone out and videotape it and put it on youtube. It will be one of those videos you pass around and everyone laughs at you and pities the husband...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to but, I dont know what to sing and if I do It will be a suprise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ mypasmita Actually I wanted to do it as a surprise, but then he came to me with the request. The surprise will be whatever song I decide on... At this point it may be a surprise to me too, LOL. I figure Toni Braxton & Mary J Blige would be the "safe" route to go, but I LOVE Halo... I'm making my decision tonight because I have to buy music, so my DJ can play it. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am and I am only telling you girls... I am singing "Beautiful Suprise" by India Arie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    julinejb where are you getting the music cut!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just googled beyonce karaoke cd and a bunch of different sites popped up. I was also considering downloading the MP3 and burning it onto a cd. It would be cheaper that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to sing to my FI but I just was unable to get it together in time as far as the music goes and all that. I sing daily and my family was very much expecting me to sing but when you have a million things on your plate and a level of perfection, I just couldnt get it done. I was going to sing the wedding song (not the actual name) with Jamie and Beyonce from Dream girls but I was only going to sing 1 verse until I made it up to him and it would have been a surprize. Actually he got on my nerves so bad with the song that he wanted played that I just let him have his way. Also I thought about singing at the reception but my FI and I had gone to a friends wedding 1 month prior and the groom sang to bride (hes not a singer but did a great job) and I just didnt want to mock the idea  since we had some guest that would be overlapping from their wedding to ours so I had to float on with out doing either one but me and my girls sung "Respect" by Aretha franklin and the crowd loved it. It was totally unplanned and unrehearsed. I would say find a song that really speaks to your heart and that really feels like "the experiece that you and he share" that was the hard part for me...find the RIGHT song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Married say what, That was good advice. I think im going to do I love you I do by Jhud
  • Options
    nolageenolagee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not singing to him but I would like to offer a suggestion.At this time by Algebra Blessett
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I alot of people asked why I didnt sing to rome at the wedding... (mostly cause I am always singing around the house to him! LOL) but I actually did.... in the limo.... Brobin!! guess what I sang.... BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE!!! (well some of it....)"whatever it is that you came to teach me, I am here to learn it cause, I believe that we are written in the stars... and I dont know what the future holds but I'm living in the moment, and I'm thankful for the man that you are...." LOVE this song... it was our special time, he got his own private solo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes Romey! I love every word of that song...I gotta sing it to my baby on our wedding day. My uncle play the guitar, so it will be very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If i sang FI would want an annullement
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards