African American Weddings
Options

Poll: Bridal Shower Gift list

I just found out that MIL to be wants to give me a bridal shower. For those of you who had your shower already or are planning one, what type of things did you put on your registry or ask for? What gifts do you consider great gifts? What are some of the gifts you could do without?
Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009

Re: Poll: Bridal Shower Gift list

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do a registry but I got TONS of lingerie. All you saw were pink VS boxes. I loved them all.
  • Options
    Crook251Crook251 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea! Victoria is a given and a must!
    Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my experience has been that most bridal showers usually have gifts for the newlyweds (pots, pans, cooking stuff, sheets, bedding, housewares, etc.) and the bachelorette party is when you get the lingerie ((maybe it's a southern thing or a Texas thing - who knows - that's always been the case for the showers/parties I've attended)) ...so to answer you question, I would select stuff for my registry that I know we (me & FI) would need to make our lives as a couple better...many people look at your registry and buy what they want to buy but some of them truly buy exactly what you've asked for...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alf---I saw some other girls post on my Sept board and they all got things for the house.  I started to think it had to have been a cultural thing when all my family rolled up in there with VS bags.  LOL!  I aint mad at them though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have thought the same thing too if I got all VS bags at my bridal shower but would have loved every single one of those bags like you did...LOL!...it think it has to do with the fact that most bridal showers (again here in Texas at least) your mom, FMIL, aunties, etc. attend so it's more about showering the bride with gifts to use for her new home...but the b-party, girl that's the one when you see all the VS, FOH (Fred's of Hollywood), EB (Electrique Boutique - i.e. - stripper heaven...LOL!) bags come out!!  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards