Washington-Seattle

NWR: Halloween costumes

Soo...I know it's a month and a half off, but I always start thinking about costumes in late summer. :) I'm trying to think of something that I haven't done before that would be fun/cute with a twist of sexay and that I can pull together with maybe stuff from Value Village or whatever. I don't want to blow a lot on a crappy costume basically. In the past I've been: Jeannie from I Dream of Jeannie Country bumpkin farmgirl Saloon girl Half devil/half angel 80's chick Evil fairy I need ideas!
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: NWR: Halloween costumes

• edited December 2011
    I'm no help. You could be a construction worker girl with cut off shorts and a hard hat and boots.. I was going to suggest a cop, nurse, or flight attendant but I think you'd have to buy something from Party City for that. Plus every one does that!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    I am always a fan of 80's! How about an 80's prom queen?
  • edited December 2011
    I was Jem one year for Halloween. I found the perfect pink dress at the Red Light. I even found blue star earings. This year I am going to be a bumble bee :) ... I would just shop on broadway and you might find some inspiration. One of my friends was a purple people eater one year. She's also been a peacock. She always has some creative ideas. We always look to her to see what she is going to come up with.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    I could totally see you as Jem! :) I'm probably going to avoid being anything 80's this year, especially since I was an 80's chick last year.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think there is a picture of me on FB in my costume. I was also a dark angel one year. That was fun.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • edited December 2011
    tygirl, i have a $10 off a $30 or more purchase at partycity if you want it. I can email it to you. I will anyways. :0) YGM!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a beer costume that looked like so much fun! What about a pirate? May be a bit overdone but I always love pirates! I recommend the Red Light in Capitol Hill as well they have everything! I just bought a costume there on Sunday - I am going to be a sailor this year!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably be a boring old lady who eats her own Halloween candy b/c no trick-or-treaters show up.  Again!  Unless my friends are doing something fantastic for Halloween, I tend to ignore it.  It's just not my fave holiday.  I'm more of a bday/Christmas girl (yay presents!)
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be the grumpy gal sitting in the corner complaining because she knew there'd be no trick-or-treaters and so didn't even bother buying candy! Halloween is my top favorite holiday! However, I NEVER have any good parties to go to where people dress up or anything. :(
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Martha's got a really cute bumblebee hive hair-do in her current Halloween issue. There's a section for kid & parent costumes, although no reason you couldn't adapt that. The girl has a beehive with buzzing bees and then the other person is a bee-keeper. Likewise, there's a birdwatcher and a bird. You could be a sexy red robin or something and your FI with binoculars.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally understand being grumpy b/c you don't get any trick-or-treaters.. I haven't had any for many years now. I love to decorate and everything yet never get anyone to enjoy it. I usually throw the parties but last year it didn't work out. I've been all sorts of things but not sure what I will be this year. I have tons of stuff that I have used in previous years.. maybe us *knotties* need to have a gtg and swap items or just have a lil party! ;-p hehe who knows, maybe I will just throw a party this year and invite all my fellow knotties and see who comes. LOL  :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
  • edited December 2011
    DH and are are usually a duo.  We've beenDavid Beckham and a refereeEgotistical over tanned frat boy and slutty drunk sorority girlharry potter and HermioneWyatt Earp and a BanditaWe were thinking maybe Robert Palmer and a girl from the "Simply irrisitable" video or maybe a piece of bacon and an egg.....Red light is a great place to get ideas though
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, KS, when I read the "Sexy Red Robin" what first came to mind was the Red Robin from the Red Robin restaurants and I was like "How is that sexy!??" :D
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    omg, i thought the same thing about the red robin. i was really trying to picture you in that outfit and try to see the sexy part.. hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha! It could be a blue jay, but I think they have annoying squawks and I don't think you're annoying! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    I have been a Hooters girl in the past. You can just buy a shirt alter it a little, orange shorts, nylons, white shoes, and rediciously long white sock bunched up! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Trisha - that's actually really good! At first I was like "ridiculously long white sock bunched up?? Why on earth would you wear a long white sock bunched up??" and then I got it. :P Don't know if I'm in shape enough to pull it off quite yet, but there's always next year!
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards