African American Weddings
Options

Interesting Weekend

Well, the weekend started off bad.  Friday night, I had a HUGE blowup with one of my MOHs.  I was just trying to tell her that I would much appreciate if she would try not to stay at my house too late (1 a.m. - 2 a.m.) especially on weeknights when I have to go to work the next day.  She didn't take it so well, she replied that her being there to have "catch up" chats into the wee hours of the morning was never a problem before.  Bottom line, things change, it's my house and if I would like to attempt to go to bed at a decent time of night, that's my business.  I don't feel it warranted an hour long screaming match about who was right or wrong.  Funny how she can make such a big deal about a simple request, but she couldn't trouble herself to ask her line sister if she could be my hairsylist.  Interesting and I am making a mental note of that....But on a happier note, after a weekend filled with rain.  God came through for us once more, by clearing the rain today just in time for our engagement picture session.  I think we were able to get some good shots in, although I haven't seen the real proofs yet.  But the photographer did show us on her camera.  My hairstylist came in to do my hair and the makeup artist made time for me as well, so I felt comfortable and beautiful and FI looked so handsome.To top everything off, why does my FMIL now have a Facebook account?  What's up with that?  Awk-ward.
Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Interesting Weekend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello? People would like to sleep sometimes. If she wants to catch, how about use the phone sometimes. FMIL on facebook sounds like fun times ahead.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, sounds like you definitely had an interesting weekend... Do you think your MOH made a big deal over nothing because she is missing the spotlight with you getting married? Soooo glad to hear the rain cleared up for your e-pics. FMIL on FB... haha... awkward doesn't even begin to describe... I'm so thankful my FMIL is over 60, Caribbean, and has never even heard of FB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PinkPanther, yes, I think that is exactly it.  I think she is feeling a little left behind because our other best friend has been married for two years and she and her husband recently had their first baby.  I think she may feel like she is losing us because our priorities are shifting.  Whenever I talk to her lately she has an uncanny sense of entitlement to everything in my life, and she uses her title as "best friend" she even says things to FI like "this is twenty years of friendship here" as if to remind him that she knew me first.  Grow up!  Who cares, he doesn't and I sure don't.  People's life priorities change, they grow up, they get married and start their own families...that is exactly what I am doing.  This is not some fly by night dude I am dating, this is my future HUSBAND.  Big difference!  I am so aggrevated about this, can't you tell?
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that I think part of her issue is coming from the fact that she may feel she is losing her friend. But you are right. We eventually grow up and have other priorities. As for your MIL being on FB. Girl my SILs are on there and set up an account for my FMIL as well. Yes fun times. *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About the friend - what's her deal? Y'all actually had a 1 hour shouting match cuz u wanted to get some shut eye? **rolling my eyes w/ DST** Not sure if she's OOT, but maybe if so much time didn't pass between the 'catch up' chats...get my drift? And like u said, priorities change. It used to be nothing for P and I to talk for 10 hours. Now...we can barely talk for 10 minutes! Slight exaggeration, but u know! FMIL on FB huh? Tell me you ignored the friend request! Please tell me! LOL! I was friends with P's daughter (25 yoa) on My Space. Guess what, we're both on FB now but we're not friends. There's times u would like to keep your current status away from the FMIL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards