African American Weddings
Options

Help! (kinda long)

If you ladies remember in a previous post FI allowed me to change venues. Well I haven't placed a deposit on the new venue yet but....today I get a call from my original venue asking why I wanted to cancel my contract and if it was anything they can do to make me stay. So me being me advised them of the things that I was being offered at the new venue and they agreed to match them!! Yaaaay!! Here's the problem...I love the new venue and in order for me to receive the benefits of the new venue I would have to get married on a Sunday. This is really not a big issue...But...The old venue is willing to give me what I want  except for chair covers and bows and I can't get married on a Saturday.The old venue is a newer Holday Inn and the new venue is a really nice upscale country club. What shall I do? Help a sista out please!!!

Re: Help! (kinda long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love country club weddings in the spring!!! I say new venue:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Country Club Honey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Aneitra, So Sunday would be your wedding day, and the new venue is more up to date,giving you what you want. Yeah. The old venue is willing to match that except for covers.Have you checked into what the cost would be for chair covers and bows? Which Venue is more cost effective for you? I would get the price for the covers and bows and add that to the price of the old venue first. Then compare it to the price of the new venue. Go with whatever is more cost effective for you all. I think it may end up being the new venue for some reason. HTH.Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go with the venue that suits your spirit and theme better. Is it easier to dress up one particular venue? Are chair covers and bows necessary? Do you want to get married on a Sunday? Do you prefer Friday? In both venues, are their bathrooms relatively close by to the reception area? Is it wheelchair accessible? Is it far from downtown/uptown areas? Near hotels? Gas stations? Do a checklist and see which one meets the qualifications better. I'm sure you have other things that are a must. Definitely go with your heart. Honestly, not too many guests will fuss about the venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I forgot to add the @ the new venue I'll have to pay for horderves(sp) and at the old venue they are willing to give me five mixture of hot and cold as well. The cost for linens will be about $400.00.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK. So it gets trickier then. I would say go with your first mind. The linen rentals aren't that bad at cost. And it now sounds like where the new venue would give you alot of extra's you still have to pay a lil more for appetizers. Go thru the list and pick out the ones you like. Add up the cost and then compare the two. If you still are undecided flip a coin. Heads or Tails. LOL. On another note I love Country Clubs, its something about that one pic of you and FI standing on the golf course with the greenery in the background. We ended up doing that on photo options. Both were excellent and reasonable at cost. One gave extras and then the other gave something. It was tough to decide. Let me know what you decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok essentially I would have said the country club but your old venue is throwing in all the trimmings for you to stay with them while you may have to pay a little bit for some of the extras at the new venue. Sometimes you have to weigh it out and see what is beneficial for you financially and what you can get for your money. While everyone is like yaaay go with the country club (and trust I think that is a fly idea too), you have to think about what's your best option. So I say like a couple of the other ppr's have said, weigh your options and think about what's best for you and FI. HTH
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Think about the feel you want for your wedding. Do you want more of an upscale wedding or a more laid-back wedding? Personally, I'd go with the country club. Either way they are not offering you a Saturday and you're going to have to pay for something. I'd be more inclined to pay for food. If you go back to your old venue, I'd ask them for a little more of an incentive (to match the new venue and a little extra).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    New venue! Country club is the ticket!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really feeling the country club. Go with your gut.  It sounded like you had your heart set on the the country club before the old venue started offering discounts.
  • Options
    ddyoungddyoung member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say the country club too but of course it depends on the look you are going for.  Do you have pics??? One thing to note though is that with hotel ballrooms you usually have to do a little more in the name of decorating because you have such a blank slate with not much character... GL! And make sure to let us know what you decide! Either way it will be great :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are pics of the Country Club
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is the website for the Holiday Inn http://www.hiuniversal.com/photo_gallery.php
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Country Club, country club, country club!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok ok.... Girl get the country club. That Holiday Inn is not working.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hands Down The Country Club!! Girl it is to die for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Country Club it is!!!! Thanks ladies!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards