African American Weddings
Options

Invite?

What do yall think about invitation wording for the time?Let me give you some back round info.  Our coordinator likes to set her times for her weddings 30minutes in advance on invites. Since our cermony and reception is at the same venue is that still ok since our wedding is contracted for 730.I called the venue planner today and she said u can't put an earlier time on the invite only the time stated in the contract (not like she would see it but....) My question would u put a 30 minute time difference on the invite, a 15 minute difference or promptly at 730?

Re: Invite?

• Options
    blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to know your guests. We had to put 30 minutes earlier because my family follow both colored and island time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    U r right but do u think I will get in trouble with the venue??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our venue, we knew that they would be towards the end of setting up so they wouldn't really mind having people show up a bit early. I think it's fine as long as it's not significantly early. Also, make sure tat folks will be able to come in. You don't want to punish the considerate guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She said they would but u couldn't "write it on the invite"! So u r saying u would put on there 700pm....
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it was MY wedding, I would. Lol, I don't want to suggest that you do the same in case something goes wrong. I don't want you sending out a hit on a sista :).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fab -- you know your fam/friends best - so if they run on time then I say keep the ceremony start time at 7:30 but if they tend to just use your stated start time as a 'guide' (my fam & friends think that if you say 7:00, you really mean 7:30 or 7:45) then I say show the ceremony start time as 7:00...also, as per your contract with the venue, exactly how much time are you allotted for set up and clean up??  that should help you determine if you have some wiggle room for what time to put on your invites...and yeah, the venue coordinator doesn't need to know that your invites say a different start time...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know the guests that are coming to your wedding and how they manage time, so you decide. Maybe you should put 15 mins before the start time.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that you should put 700. Heck, now that I think about it I am going to put ours 30 mins earlier.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ROFLMFAO @ Blue!!!! That's a tough one. If you could get away with it, I guess there would be no harm...but what if some decided to show up early???? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I though about doing this but the problem for me is that the venue doesn't allow the guests into the ballroom until 15 minutes before the ceremony.  We would potentially have guests coming to the ceremony up to 30-45 minutes before the ceremony which would mean they woul be waiting up to an hour or more before they would be allowed into the ballroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards