African American Weddings
Options

Poll: Day(s) off before the Wedding

How many days do you plan to take off, from work before the Wedding ?or did you take off?
Anniversary
161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1

Re: Poll: Day(s) off before the Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since our wedding is in Miami, and we live in Tampa, I am taking off 3 days before the wedding, that wednesday!
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put in for 1/2 day wednesday and off thursday and friday 
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on a Saturday, so I'm probably taking that Thursday and Friday off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    taking the 4 days before off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is Sunday so i wasn't planning on taking off before the wedding. However, since half of the guestlist is coming from out of the country, i may need to take off that whole week. Hopefully i will be working in the UK already and have gazillion vacation days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am taking off Thursday and Friday..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am taking off that Wed, Thursday, and Friday.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am taking three days prior, starting on Wednesday. I am certain I will need this time to take care of last minute items.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since my wedding is on a Sunday I'll be taking that Thursday & Friday off.
  • Options
    Vanessa AVanessa A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm taking the entire week off. I'm a city government employee and we've gone to 4 ten-hour days. My regular day off is Monday. Didnt make much sense to me to go in Tuesday to take off Wed, Thur, Fri to tie up all loose ends, therefore, I have the wk off. Plus I live and work in Houston, TX but getting married in my hometown (Beaumont). The pace there is much slower than here so I'll need the week to work with those vendors, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are leaving on a Tuesday for St.Lucia, so I will take off that Monday and 3 days after we return. So all in all I will be taking 10 days of vacation at once! I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    candydipcandydip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took off a day and a half. My boss closed down the office, lol. Sent out an email that said Candice is getting married and the office will be closed. lol
  • Options
    NELCORPNELCORP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took off the Friday before up to the Following Wednesday. WE had a mini moon and re-scheduled our HM for the following year since I got pg before the wedding took place.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding on a Monday, so I'm taking a half-day on that Friday before...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally I was going to take two days off before and the Monday after. But, now I'm only taking off one day before and saving the extra days for the HM 1 week later.
  • Options
    keila17thkeila17th member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding will be on a Saturday so I will probably just take off that Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is my last day of work before my wedding next weekend.  I'm taking a total of three weeks off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It depends on when my baby is born. If I take my full 12 week time off, then it will run into my wedding and honeymoon so I don't know. Before I got pregnant, I was taking Wed-Fri off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan to take the week off....5 days  but I'm saying that now, anything can happen in a yr.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a school teacher, so I don't think I'll be doing summer school next year. So I don't have to worry about taking any days off since the wedding is July 17, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love relaxing almost more than anything in the world so probably a week b/c I also work really long hours and the first couple of days of the week, I'll probably still be getting Blackberry messages. LOL.  Trying to take a 3 week honeymoon so, ideally, I'd go back to work in a month.  We'll see how that works as the date gets closer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am like MrsW2000 I would like 3wks off so I am currently trying to watch all time off so I can do it and get paid, but I would like to take off really 2 days b4 the wedding Tues. last day wedding Fri.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since we are actually getting married on a monday and the festivites are on friday. I'm taking off the whole week. And 2 weeks after that.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was on a friday and my last day at work was Tuesday....so I only took off two days! Which was enough time cause I tried to get most things handled 1-2 weeks before the wedding!!!
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on taking off a week ahead.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is on a Sunday and I hadn't planned on taking off any days at all. I do have a lot of famiy coming from out of town but they understand I have to work. But my boss has given me the option to take that Thursday and Friday if I want to. I may take him up on the offer. Not sure yet.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 days off...Thursday and Friday, the wedding is Saturday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I scheduled 2 days off.... though because of my stupid foot, it ended up being a week off before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards