African American Weddings
Options

This should be the welcome statement!

Alf this was so nicely worded romeyl yours is good I know you have to follow p & p well first off, hello and welcome to the AAW board...I am sorry to hear that you experienced that from the other boards; totally not surprised 'cuz that's just how they roll - real talk... some of the other boards aren't as welcoming to "newbies" as they should be and they seem to attack knotties who are not part of their "group" meaning some of the boards are cliquish. also you do not have to ever to explain yourself to anyone on any of these boards regarding your background, education or financial standing; I know why you did as you wanted them to know you're very well versed and educted but some of these knotties are cyber-ganstas and like to just say mean ish to make themselves feel good and get a pat on the back from their "clique". and let me add last I checked there is no requirement to use proper English when on a cyber board - hell we all know what you are saying as sometimes you're in a rush and there are typos or you use slang or abbreviations, it's cool so don't sweat what they were saying!now that you've found our board, please feel free to post here as sometimes it helps to talk to others that "equally yolked in life experiences"...there are experiences that other groups will never go thru or understand about AA life and vice versa for us when it comes to their experiences.do not let anyone on TK still your shine! be blessed and again welcome to the AAW board!
Anniversary
161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1

Re: This should be the welcome statement!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support, from everybody who understand including you..though i agree i made a mistake by saying some things that should not have been said, but i owned up to the truth as a woman. though i wasn't going to let them override me, so i held my own, and i'm proud of my strength. for the ones who don't understand i still don't have hard feelings for because everybody is entitled to their own opinions..but thank you so much for the welcome, and i will keep in touch with everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards