African American Weddings
Options

Reception Events

I've been MIA, but i'm here in and out. I've got alot done but there is still work to be done. Anyway, I trying to figure out when I want to do what at the reception and I want to be sure I put things in place correctly! Please share your reception timeline with me. Thanks
Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009

Re: Reception Events

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This timeline is very rough and we are doing things a lil non traditionally.7pm: Cocktail reception in Kress Terrace Ballroom with dips and two passed tapas. Photobooth fun and jazz/neo soul playing.8:30pm: Ceremony out on the terrace under the stars8:50pm: Reception Begins. Serve 4 more tapas on the terrace, assorted desserts and cake Ci 
  • Options
    viccimarieviccimarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was the reception order for my wedding. It went smoothly. We wanted to eat first then do the events back to back so our older aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc. would be able to see everything and most of our older relatives left after all the events were done. Then we partied!! • 5:50 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Cocktail Hour o 6:50 p.m. – Ring Wedding Bells = Announce Beginning of Reception • 7:05 p.m. – Introduce George and Victoria with their Wedding Party • 7:06 p.m. – Bless the Food • 7:05 p.m. – Dining with the Aceys o Serve the Couple (Hostess) o Wedding Party Table First o Tables Consecutively Following • 7:45 p.m. – Toast to the Couple o Tia o George • 7:50 p.m. – Cake Cutting • 7:55 p.m. – Bouquet Toss • 8:00 p.m. – Garter Toss • 8:05 p.m. – First Dance • 8:10 p.m. – Celebration of Marriage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cocktail hour @ 7:30pIntro of party @7:45pPrayer and Blessings @8:00anything after has not yet been discussed nor thought about.Wow Cicy, you make me want to be a butterfly to come to your weddingVivvimarie, you are ultra organized, you go girl. I'm inspired!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards