African American Weddings
Options

New to the board!!! A lil long...don't fuss me out!!! LOL

Hi Ladies!  I have been lurking in the background since probably September.  Why?  Well, here is our story and what took me so long:)

FI and I knew we wanted to get married (we've been friends for 8 yrs and dating for 7.5 yrs) and he, being very traditional, wanted to ask my mom and have a ring ( I totally agree).  FI also did not want a long engagement- he actually said if we started to plan after he proposes we may have to wait until 2011 or 12 to get married..apparently he (and I..LOL) waited long enough!  LOL  Anyway, after we had the finance talk and ring search ( I selected my top three with the the one I really, really liked), we entered a wedding giveaway we had to be present to win.  Well, we did not win the giveaway but, we were offered a great rate (35% off pp) for a package that includes everything (even ice sculptures which were never on my list) minus photo and DJ.  So, we booked 10/03/10, pushed forward and then booked our photo and secured a coordinator. 

Alas, as of December 13th, 7:05PM, I am free to officially say "hello" to you knotties and tell everyone what you just read as he proposed (very traditional, got on one knee, candlelight, wrote a poem...made me go on a scavenger hunt..of course he asked my mom...our fams knew he was going to propose since October).  I was surprised; I cried, I laughed, I said YES and I called and sent texts to everyone! As far as the ring, he is a smart man, he bought the one I really, really liked.

Lastly, our fams know about our date and how things evolved and are totally fine...our process has been and is a true blessing! 

Now, can you ladies help me choose a good wedding website and get that funky pic off of my signature/profile ( I prefer to use my avatar but it will not work)!!

Thx for taking the time to read..I feel like I blurted out so much:)

Re: New to the board!!! A lil long...don't fuss me out!!! LOL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome!

What type of wedding website are you looking for?

For guests, I would suggest www.mywedding.com

For a knottie bio, I would suggest www.weebly.com

Both sites are free.

As far as your avatar, I'm not sure how to get the inner bride there, but I know you can easily upload an actual pic if you click "Change Avatar" over on the left side of the screen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! www.etsy.com They have everything from invitations to jewelry.

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!

At least you got the venue out of the way.

HAPPY PLANNING!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    Vanessa AVanessa A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the site. I've been all over the place with the planning so google has been my best friend. Also check out www.insideweddings.com. If you look at their "real wedding" section, you'll see these high-end weddings and get great ideas there. I love this site, it's addictive and it's been a great help and inspiration while I planned my wedding. Check it out, you wont be disappointed. God bless and happy planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Welcome and congratulations! I ditto weebly for your bio. I
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome to the Board!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and welcome to the board.   I am using weddingwire because I like the various options that I can customize.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi fellow philly girl !!!

Congratulations and welcome !!!! Thats great that your venue is taken care of already. Im using mywedding.com for both the bio and guest. Didint feel the need to do two. But I was also a little lazy making the first one lol. Happy planning. The ladies on here give great advice, so ask away.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there and welcome to the board. Happy planning also. If you are looking for a wedding website that you can create on your own then try mywedding.com. I am looking forward to getting to know/read you
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello there and Welcome to the AAW Board! Congrats on your beautiful engagement. I agree with the ladies about the wedding sites. I used both. Happy Planning!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board.  I agree with the other ladies about having a planning website. However, I only created one site (Weeby), which is used for my guest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome! I'm a part time lurker so you won't hear much from me. mywedding.com is great for your guest website. I just started using etsy - LOVE IT! And don't underestimate the power of Google. Its been my very best friend when it comes to finding pictures of what I want or of something similar.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I am using weddingwire for my wedding website.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!!!

And I agree.... mywedding.com or weebly.

Happy planning!!!
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning! Such a romantic story *sigh*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!

As for my wedding website for guests I used www.weddingwire.com and for my wedding bio I used www.weebly.com.

You've come to the right place for suggestions!  Where are you from?  Some of the Knotties here may be from the same area and may be able to give you recommendations.  

GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats and welcome.  I personally like myweddings.com for a planning website and website for my guests.  If you are looking for websites to get ideas I think The Knot has some great ideas.  You may also want to check out a few blogs such as I Luv Weddings done by our very own Mycicybride, style my pretty, snippet & Ink, and Chocolate Brides Bridal blog.

• Options
    edited December 2011

OMG!  Thx for all the info.  We def need a site for guests and I started the planning on TKs site.  Apologies for replying late.

A fellow Philly bride asked where I am from so, here are the "details"..I am originally from the Main Line and currently reside in the Yeadon area.  FI and I are having our wedding in DE @ the Christiana Hilton for a few reasons 1- NO TAX!! (love that), 2- He lives in DE (never the loved the one way one hour commute or 2 hr commute one way to work but, have always loved the man!) 3- DE is a central meeting point for guests as they are traveling from NJ, PA, VA, MA, MD and DE.  We have selected Life Images for pics and video (Chadds Ford, PA) and Especially For You Events (Wilmington, DE) for coordinating needs.  We are looking for a string trio or quartet and DJ- any suggestions for the area?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards