African American Weddings

Reception Lighting

Ladies are any of you using lighting for your reception? I have seen some really pretty eluminated locations for receptions and am just wondering were any of you using it. If so how much does it normally cost to have?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Lighting

• edited December 2011
    We plan on doing purple uplighting. My venue offers inhouse lighting, the uplighting is running ~650 give or take.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have any as our reception was outside, but I LOVE the way it looks so I say if you can fit it in your budget, do it. It makes any wedding look like a Trump Extravaganza! :D
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing it... Purple of course.
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • edited December 2011
    We are having purple uplighting as well, our dj is doing it..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't know what colors or types of lights yet, but we are going to have lighting.  When I talked to the lighting company, their estimate is that our minimum cost will be $500.  But I'm guessing it may come in higher.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are having blue lighting and our DJ is providing it...he wants to jazz it up and do more with it during the dancing after all of the ceremonial stuff, but I'm kind of conservative when it comes to that type of stuff so we'll see. It is included in our package so I'm not sure what it would cost us just for the lighting.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to figure out of lighting will work outside...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    WOW.... my uplighting is super cheap? Here in az it is 10 per uplight. and I need about 20 for my venue so $200.  We are doing orange as our lighting color
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_reception-lighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1409e545-caab-46c9-b893-50c3fd86941dPost:4cf7cf2c-0e54-43f8-a3c9-a70dc73771f7">Re: Reception Lighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW.... my uplighting is super cheap? Here in az it is 10 per uplight. and I need about 20 for my venue so $200.  We are doing orange as our lighting color
    Posted by mrsnana[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds about right, but we are also paying at least $200-300 for labor.  </div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its  going to cost  us  about 800.00 for uplighting we are still thinking about  it
  • edited December 2011
    Our DJ is doing it. I think that it is $395.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow so alot of you ladies are investing in lighting that's hot. I was wondering what we could do to jazz up our ceremonial site and that would be it. I have seen some really beautiful lighting and it's a must for the budget. I just have to. It's amazingly great. I guess for us we can focus on our Tiffany Blue color, we don't want no guava colored lighting lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards