African American Weddings
Options

The Love Dare

Has anyone done this book or seen the movie "Fireproof"?  The book sounds awesome - so FI and I bought it this weekend.  We plan to do it soon - one at a time (before the wedding).  Here's more info about it (below).  Even though it says a lot about "saving your marriage" it's also for those with a strong relationship who want to make it even stronger...

This daily devotional steers you through the fiery challenge of developing a strong, committed marriage in a world that threatens to burn it to the ground.

The Love Dare personally leads you through daily devotionals, records your thoughts and experiences, and ends each day daring you to perform a simple act of love for your spouse. This 40-Day journey equips you to melt hardened, separated hearts into an enduring love that can withstand the flames of fear, pride and temptation. The Love Dare book will help you reinforce and enrich your marriage, earn back a love you thought was lost, and hear more about the One who not only designed unconditional, sacrificial love—He illustrated it.

In a world that attacks, devalues, and redefines relationships every day, learn how to rescue and protect your marriage from the firestorm. Take The Love Dare and FIREPROOF your relationship.

http://thelovedarebook.com/
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: The Love Dare

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I saw this movie with our church a little while ago and purchased the book and attempted to do it but we didn't complete it all the way through. But the movie was really good and the book had a lot of good information and ideas. FI and I will probably start back on that after the wedding. We went to a marriage conference this weekend and are currently reading "His Needs, Her Needs" (FI) and "5 Love Languages" (me)... then we will switch off.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Sweets - I'll have to pick up "His Needs, Her Needs" - we love reading marraige books, they are SO helpful! 

We read "5 Love Languages" and another I'd recommend highly is "Fit to be Tied". 

We also got a book about sex and FI is reading that - I forgot the name, but when I'm over there next time I'll post the name here....

Now I want to see that Fireproof movie.
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have to check those books out! Thanks ladies
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

5 Love Languages is a great book. I'm gonna check out The Love Dare. Thanks for the info.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My pastor gave us this book to read when we first started our marriage counseling. It has helped us in some many ways.
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh! I am going to check out "Fit to be Tied"! We just got another book at the conference called sex for newlyweds or something like that. Let me know what the name of the book your FI is reading so we can check that one out too!

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SOOOOO... I'm just reading this post and it's been up here all day. GUESS WHAT...?! I went and bought Fireproof TODAY! And it was only $1 at the bible book store!!! Now, I'm PUMPED!!!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Ty: go girl!  We are ----> HERE <-----    Tell us how the movie is - I want a full review!  Smile

@ Sweets: I'm at FI's place now and he said the name of the book is "The Gift of Sex".  He definitely recommends it...

@Me&amp;Miles: thanks for the testimony - would love to hear the ways the book helped you and FI....if you feel like sharing!  If not, I completely understand!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ cincy: Thanks! Looking it up right now!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do "The Love Dare" right after we get married. Right now we are doing "5 love Languages" and my Pastor is supposed to be giving us another book.
    When I was in Christian college I was in a Family Life and Ministry class which was all about being married and raising kids...mostly marriage. Our textbook really wasn't a "textbook", but this book called "Boundaries in Marriage" and it was an AMAZING book. I told my FI to get himself a copy to ready. I have read mine cover to cover and its filled with highlights.

At my church when the church couples did 'The Love Dare' as a whole it was really cute. One Sunday Pastor gave packs of popcorn to all the married men in the church and then he had them go to their wives and outloud all together ask their wife on a date. All the couples went on a Friday night date at the church and they watched 'Fireproof' to start the series. It was so cute.

Outside of Christian books I am reading "I do, What Now?" by Bill and Gullianna Rancic. It's a great book!
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Cincy: I bought the book, not the movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards