African American Weddings
Options

hot chocolate & egg nog shots

my wedding is winter themed, so do you think this is a good idea? im wondering how im going to keep the hot chocolate hot?
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: hot chocolate & egg nog shots

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be totally wicked. Oh my sister suggested Chocolate Martini also.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea!  I'm not sure how to keep the hot chocolote hot either.  Hopefully some of the ladies on this site can suggest somethin, 'cause I got nothing.  I thought about you the other day, and your colors.  I was watching some Christmas special on tv and the woman decorated a couple's house for a cocktail party and the colors she used were white, silver, and like a bright blue.  It was soooooooo pretty.  I thought to myself, Desi better do it!  That will look hawt!  What did you decide to do with your colors?  Also, are you going to do a signature cocktail?  A white cosmopolitan would be nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about maybe using a crockpot, thermas or something like that to keep it hot then get someone to ladle it in when it gets close to the time for ppl to drink it.
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     thankx guys for your ideas, that helps a lot! btw tam tam I am going to stick w/ my colors! I dont know if im doing alcohol at all cause I absolutely hate it! so these shots are kind of my sig drink I guess...
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok.  The egg nog shots are a cute idea.  I agree with Kristi in terms of the crockpot idea.  I'm glad you decided to stick with your colors.  Silver and white will be beautiful.  Did you find silver or pewter dresses for the BM?
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    actually tam tam i did. im going to post the dresses in another post... thanx for checkin up on that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea.

1. You can do hot chocolate with the coffee if you are serving that with dessert

2. You can have a station for both if you are not serving tea/coffeee. You can set up one of the perculator (sp?) thingy (or even a thermos) with just water inside so it stay hot, and have the packets of hot chocolate on the side, just as if you were serving tea. And have the egg nog next to it with the liquor (That's how i tak emine lol, but i am not sure how you are serving it)

Most places that include coffee/dessert can accomodate this. Talk to your caterer and he might have great ideas...

hope this helped!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking just keep the water hot - like in a coffe pot- and just have the packets. Or, if you don't want packets out, then judt have the hot chocolate in the bottom of the cups and add the water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards