African American Weddings
Options

Favors for a Small Wedding?

Hi Ladies! I posted on the favor board, but I wanted to ask you all too. My FI and i chose to have a very intimate evening wedding Friday, March 15, 2013. The total guest count is 9 adults and 3 kids. I want to give my guest something to remember the date, but since it's so small, I didn't want to go traditional. Should I skip favors? If not, what do you recommend? Any ideas are appreciated!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors for a Small Wedding?

• Options
    I think it depends on how much you w ant to spend. What's your budget for favors? Is there something that both you and your FI are into? Music, e.g., you could give each person a CD with your favorite songs, the labe on the CD would have your names and date. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are going to do the wedding cake a favor since our reception is at a buffet with a huge dessert bar
  • Options
    CreoleBride30CreoleBride30 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I agree definitely depends on your budget. Since you are having a small wedding, are you planning on spending alot of money on your favors and make it more personalized or did you want something budget friendly? Also, do you have some sort of theme? A theme isn't necessary, but if you are not doing something more personalized, then it could match your theme. 

I do have one idea though. If you are having a videographer, you can have your videographer to make a highlights video of the cermony and/or reception to give to each person. With that video, you and hubby can add a personalized Thank You for the guests or if you up to it...each individual guest. So, while this favor may not be given at the wedding, I think it is still unique and personal. Besides, all a favor is is another "thank you" for coming to celebrate with us.

Now, if you don't want to wait until after the wedding for your guests to get their favor/thank you, then, you can always tape your personalized thank you prior to the wedding day. Try searching for videographers that do save the dates or invitations on DVD. 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    I ABSOLUTELY love that idea. My FI teaches music at a performing arts magnet school and I direct my church choir so we definitely have a mutual love for music. Since our wedding is small, I don't mind spending on the favors. I'm saving sooo much since its small. I can't tell you how grateful I am for the suggestions! Thank you soooo much!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wonderful! Then, if you wanted to do the DVD, get the choir to sing your first dance song if you all are doing that and the videographer can record. That would be a unique touch to listening to your first dance song and it will include music!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    I would do a something edible. People love those! You could have a bottle of your favorite.... hot sauce, bb sauce, honey, jam.... or a basket of a few of your favorite things
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_favors-for-a-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1cb8abd6-8729-4e88-b02f-7567d4ed159dPost:0ea5f947-0434-4823-9efc-f5963b9ee1c3">Re: Favors for a Small Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do a something edible. People love those! You could have a bottle of your favorite.... hot sauce, bb sauce, honey, jam.... or a basket of a few of your favorite things
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Cool idea I really like this one.
  • Options
    Ohhh Cha... sooo creative!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    These are all great ideas! I will let you know how it goes. 137 days and counting.... Thx Sisters!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards