Washington-Seattle

Dress Drama (long)

First off, I had a WONDERFUL 'seestar' weekend as my sis and I drove down to Portland Saturday morning and returned this afternoon. I had an appointment yesterday at a shop who did not have the Vera Calla dress I've so desperately wanted to try on, but she had told me over the phone that she had a dress that was in from a Spanish designer and extremely similar. I then had a followup appointment at the shop where I had found the La Sposa Mesina. I had decided to follow y'all's advice and try on the dress and then go get measured for the other one.I tried on the similar dress at the first shop and I still can't believe it. When I walked out and stepped on the platform, I started crying!!! Me?!?! I'd been to eight stores already, looked at hundreds of dresses and tried on sooo many. I'm not the type who would cry, and yet here I was, trying not to bawl my eyes out! Here's the kicker....while the dress is a steal compared to the Vera (which I knew I could never afford but couldn't stop obsessing over), it's still WAY out of my budget - $2500!I went to my second appointment to get measured for the Mesina, and while I was trying it on, the gal told me that it was discontinued! I was there only a month and a half ago and had been ASSURED I could come back in about a month and still order it! While the other dress is 'the dress,' the La Sposa was going to be my backup. While the sample dress is now $700 instead of almost $1500 (my cap on budget), I'd have to make myself lose 10 more pounds (my body is pretty happy where it is) AND the sample is NOT in great shape. What's so pretty about it is some decorative stitching and the threads are loose in many places - you trim them and the pattern gets lost. :(There is absolutely NO way of coming up with an extra grand for my perfect dress. However, on Brides.com they list the price as $$ which means $1000-1500. Would they really have marked it up that high? I'm now VERY anxious...as far as I can tell, there is one store in Vancouver BC that carries the line and I need to call them to find out what price they have it at. I just don't know what I'll do if they have it at the same price. :(  It's from the new line so there's NO way I'll find a used version.WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I needed to vent to you ladies as I'm tired of the facebook people who commented, oh you'll find something cheap that you like. No I won't! I've already looked at dresses for 4 months in stores, and before that for 8 months online! And it's the end of September, time to get a dress on order!! I know there's a super-small hope but I just don't know what I'll do since my luck is obviously serious crap. :/
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: Dress Drama (long)

• edited December 2011
    We weren't allowed to take photos at the first shop (but someone in my group who went with me snuck some on a phone, don't have copies yet). Since I know y'all will want to know what the dress looks like:[IMG] http://tinyurl.com/yd4cw8q [/IMG]
  • edited December 2011
    Um, that was my first PIP, sorry it's so huge!
  • seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seem to recall that Jennlin bought her wedding dress at a reputable online merchant that offers discounts on dresses. Is something like that an option? Or Pearl's Place if they carry that line?

• edited December 2011
    What is the name of the spanish designer?
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a gorgeous dress! Is there nowhere else in the U.S. that sells the dress? If you have your measurements, I'd literally start calling all the approved vendors of that designer to see if you can order it over the phone from them, and compare prices. Also, check out Pearlsplace.com if you haven't already - they're reviewed pretty well for their dealings with consumers and they'll sell their dresses online.
  • edited December 2011
    Oops, did I not mention? It's the 'Clark' #141 from TWO by Rosa Clara. I would totally be fine with ordering it from somewhere else and having it shipped to me and getting someone like Deb to do the few alterations. Seriously, I can't wait to show a pic of what I looked like in it - I'm 5'4" and yet it made me look tall and slendor, not short and vaguely dumpy like most dresses. It accentuates my slight hourglass shape and I felt beyond gorgeous!
    edited December 2011
    Hm. Looks like they have some of her dresses at Kleinfeld in NYC. I can't find any other authorized vendors, but if I were you I'd email the company and ask them for a list. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I hope this doesn't get formatted all funky. But I just copied all the locations in the US that carry Two by Rosa Clara.Marylinn's CoutureBridal & Formal250 S. Robertson Blvd.Beverly Hills, CA310-657-7100 Maryllins Couture Bridal1315 State Street Santa Barbara, CA805-892-4000 Bellas Bridal Shop1744 Pacific AvenueStockton, CA209-464-2735 d'Anelli Bridal and Tux703 W Alameda Ave Ste ELakewood, CO303-980-1400 Couture Bridal9545 Harding Ave Bal Harbour, FL305-864-6270 La Raine's Bridal853 North Highland AvenueAtlanta, GA404-607-7444 Le Salon212 W 11 Mile RoadRoyal Oak, MI248-219-4039 A L'amour Bridal Boutique236 West Northwest HighwayBarrington, IL847-381-5858 Veiled Elegance15 W State StreetGeneva, IL630-208-7183 Bridal Boutique of Baton Rouge8750 Florida AvenueBaton Rouge, LA225-925-1135 Sposabella Bridal28 Barnstable RoadHyannis, MA508-790-4453 Bridal Images 837-F Rockville PikeRockville, MD308-738-9080 Beautiful Weddings101 W Rail Road Missoula, MT406-549-9060 Moonlight couture Bridal Salon1613 Merrick RoadMerrick, NY516-868-1500 Designer Loft 226 West 37th Street 15th FloorNew York, NY212-944-9013 Peggy's Bridal and Mr. Tuxedo3025 Monroe Avenue ste 200Rochester NY585-241-8950 Ribbon Bridal971 3rd StreetBeaver, PA724-774-1188 Bridals By Danielle203 S 13th StreetPhiladelphia, PA215-592-7870 Lulus Bridal2728 Routh StreetDallas TX214-871-9610 Bridal Galleria of Del Rio400 Avenue FDel Rio TX830-774-1274 Ocones Bridal6500 Camp Bowie BoulevardSuite CFt. Worth TX817-732-4457 Bridal Boutique139 W Main StreetLewisville, TX972-219-8500 Bridal Galleria7319 San Pedro AvenueSan Antonio TX210-342-5157
  • edited December 2011
    <3  Thanks Ladies! I will have a pile of calling to do this week!My 'person' sent me photos, excuse my crappy quick cutout job but feel a bit bad as the lady was so nice, it's just out of my price range so I wanted to remove identifying background.[img] http://tinyurl.com/ye8soj2 [/img]
    edited December 2011
    Ciara - You're amazing! I'm going to remember to ask for your help the next time I need info on anything. Watch out! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Its absolutely beautiful!
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress is gorgeous on you!  Definitely work the phones and see what you can find.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks gorgeous on you!
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    the dress is amazing on you! i really hope you can find it in your price range! sending good thoughts your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • jesgregjesgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KS, I think you look great!  I hope you can find it. 
  • edited December 2011
    That;s really pretty! What size are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes out.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Tygirl - I don't know what size. :\  I'm a street 8/10?I get phone anxiety but my friend/coworker took the list Ciara posted and is going to help me make calls.
  • sleepyapollosleepyapollo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i saw a dress just like that at the Bridal Garden in Kirkland.... i think it was by Marisa.  And Pearl's Place carries Marisa.  the Marisa version of the Melissa Sweet Lia was around $1300 @ Pearl's, so perhaps that would work for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I will keep my eyes peeled as I continue looking for dresses too, Tiers are on my list of must-try-ons, so chances are good, if a place has it, I will see it. Also, I totally get phone anxiety too! I even make FI order all the pizzas because I hate it so much! It makes wedding planning so hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well, unfortunately it depends on the designer and your body shape.  They say typically 2 sizes up from street size, but I ended up being 1 size up.  Maybe go check out the Bridal Garden and if they have something identical, you can work out a deal with, I think it was MelissaClaire, right?  I remember a knottie had credit there she wanted to work out with someone.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • sleepyapollosleepyapollo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it was tcook, not melissa claire that had the $2000 credit she was selling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards