Washington-Seattle

Maggie Sottero vs. Maggie Sottero Couture?

I went to the Brides Against Breast Cancer event in Tacoma on Saturday and went dress shopping.I tried on a gorgeous dress that I cannot find on the Maggie Sottero website. (I've looked at all 482 of their gowns).  I talked to the director of the BABC events and she said they got this gown from Maggie directly. The inside label says Maggie Sottero Couture. Do all Maggie gowns say this? Or is this a special line?
debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

Re: Maggie Sottero vs. Maggie Sottero Couture?

• edited December 2011
    I don't recall any of the Maggie's I tried on having 'couture' on the inside label - so I'm guessing it is a special line.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it's a new dress that's not on the Web site yet? Maybe it's part of Sottero and Midgley?[url]http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/collection.aspx[/url]If not, I think I'd be a bit wary about it. It looks like Maggie lists all their collections online, so I have doubts that there's some special line that they hide.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, when in doubt, either call or email the designer.  They're going to know what's real and what isn't.  This worked for me recently (for the better), and it's a huge relief when they can give you the answer you want.  :)
  • Maybe it's a gown that's been discontinued so that's why it's no longer on the web site?  I can double check when I get home, but I think my dress might have the "Maggie Sottero Couture" label, and it was ordered from a legitimate retailer.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my label says maggie sottero couture (just checked), and it was on the website. so i'll ditto the pp that said discontinued? do you know the name of the dress?
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for checking your gowns. :)No, I don't know the name of the gown. I called MS today and they gave me an email address to send a picture of the dress to.  Then they can/will tell me what they can about the dress. My picture is not the greatest... but I'm looking forward to hearing from them.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sounds like MS labels all their dresses MS Couture. That's good at least! =)Def. could be a discontinued style
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's awesome to know they have an email system like that!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Did you ever hear anything back from Maggie?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards