Washington-Seattle

Question about addressing invites

In lieu of an inner envelope, my invites will have a paper belly band with the guests names on it. I am debating about whether I should go the traditional route (e.g.,  "Mr. and Mrs. XX") or put their first names (e.g., "Scott and Stacey").Most things I'm reading says first names are OK for less formal weddings. While our wedding is formal, I feel like the fact that it's not actually an inner envelope, but a paper band lends well to making it a little more personalized?How much do people actually know about these things?? =)

Re: Question about addressing invites

• edited December 2011
    I don't *know* anything about these things, but in my uninformed opinion, I like the first name version. Formal is for outside envelopes, I feel like inside is more personal and friendly.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one will know any better if you do it the way you want. I say go for it.
  • edited December 2011
    I would say address them with their first names on the band. I've seen etequitte sites have it both ways where the outside has Mr. and Mrs. XX and the inner with just first names and both with Mr. and Mrs. XX, I'd say go for it!
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm for formailty for a formal wedding... (there's a lot a "for" 's in that sentence).  mr. & mrs.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    Urgh, these things annoy me. I say go with the first names if you want to. Now with people not changing their names and things who knows what to call anyone any more. I am not looking forward to doing mine. I think I will just address mine "to person living at address below". ha ha.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. "To our friendly neighbor at"
  • ZistaZista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I am certainly not one to speak to etiquette. I just did first names on our inner envelope because I wanted it to be more personal. :)

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited December 2011
    It's not about what people actually know about these things, but what you prefer. Remember, it's your damn wedding. I tended to forget that little detail...it caused me stress. Stress sucks. Don't let it get you too! Oh by the by, I like the first names. it would make me as the guest feel singled out and more special than a Mr. or Mrs.
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, I like first names, we are doing it as well. Definitely more personal.
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that first names feels more personal - it's probably what we'll end up doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards