Washington-Seattle
Options

dress alterations???

so im soooo excited! Only a few weeks in and I found my dress!!! Its a ivory A-line with a gold sash, I found it at Weddings With Joy in Olympia, and it only needs a few small touches, but i have no idea where to go for good alterations...any ideas ladies? :)

Re: dress alterations???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our favorites here are Darcy Martin and Deb H (can't remember how to spell her last name). There info should be in the Seattle Bio, link under Jennlin's siggy.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to travel north, at the BABC event this last weekend, there was an alterations gal from Dupont there. I've got her card. Although I have not used her, she seemed on the ball and concientious. (sp) I can get her card and give you her information if you want. Let me know.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that would be great!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I'd also like some south end alterations recommendations, as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay. Got the cards out of my vehicle... There were 2 south end gals at the BABC event. I talked to both and both walked through and offered tips, advice, etc. Elizabeth Parks- out of Tacoma- 253-759-5320 - TacomaAlterations.com. This is the gal I'm going to end up using. She has a background in design and when talking to her she offered great tips and was super knowledgeable when I questioned her. She suggested something for my dress that I didn't even think of and it made it POP! And I liked the way she explained the way she'd do it.  And she makes gowns from scratch. Cheryl's Alterations- out of Dupont- 360-359-2032 - CherylsAlterations.com and Cheryl@CherylsAlterations.com. She was just too far south for me so I didn't get into much conversation with with her. But she seemed really nice and competent too. She does not make gowns from scratch- just alterations.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much!! i'll definitely look into Elizabeth, shes closer to me and sounds great!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards