African American Weddings

BM drama *RANT*

this is a spin-off of Dantemccauleys post. I have 4 bm's. All of them are self absorbed. I've never been the center of attention nor do I care to be, however for just once, i'd like things to be about me.

It all started with MOH's dress and how she wanted to be different. I told her she had to stick with a long dress (**which she STILL doesn't have**) otherwise- IDGAF

then MOH doesn't get along with bm1- so she asked if she needed to contact her for anything, I said no, i just ask that you act friendly for 6-12hrs. i proceeded to email bm1 asking if that was a problem. she went on to say how their friendship would never be the same however nope- no problem. i fwd said message to MOH she went into a rant about how she's 32 and she don't need friends. again - IDGAF

BM2- is planning a bach shower for me with bm1 sans MOH in case MOH doesn't come through. bm1 telling me its not a bach party because thats MOH job while bm2 telling me it is. I told them both to nevermind and drop it.

BM3- i got about 40 emails from her complaining about EVERYTHING. her dress, her stomach, how cold her toes are going to be and where she's going to get cute shoes so her toes dont freeze. again- I REALLY DGAF

Well sat i had my hair/makeup trial and the girl told me the prices. I bcc'd them all and told them her prices and to let me know if they want it done, i would need a prepayment by dec 1st and she would write up a contract. I got a barrage of idiotic reply emails. that was IT. I replied all them back and said NEVERMIND. figure it out. just be at hotel by 11am. well MOH didn't like that. apparently I was rude and she would never do me like that. (this from the girl who texts me shyt like "while you were out loving your friends last night my baby dad was hugged up with some girl. ". <-- again, IDGAF. don't EVER make me feel guilty for having fun while you up under some dbag that don't want you. anyways, MOH wants to get together evening after work to "talk about it" which i'm assuming is code for "tell me how much of a B**** I am". so i don't know how this is going to turn out. Tomorrow i'm writing down all the things i like and don't like about her so if this turns into a T bashing party i'm locked and loaded.

END RANT. (thanks for listening!)

UPDATE: None of these girls have asked where in the process I am in planning, if I need help, they don't know i've had a hair trial, and MOH hasn't even asked what my dress looks like.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: BM drama *RANT*

• mslively6mslively6 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:9b33201c-68ef-4b96-8d1f-cdb1a724238f">BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]this is a spin-off of Dantemccauleys post. I have 4 bm's. All of them are self absorbed. I've never been the center of attention nor do I care to be, however for just once, i'd like things to be about me. It all started with MOH's dress and how she wanted to be different. I told her she had to stick with a long dress (**which she STILL doesn't have**) otherwise- IDGAF then MOH doesn't get along with bm1- so she asked if she needed to contact her for anything, I said no, i just ask that you act friendly for 6-12hrs. i proceeded to email bm1 asking if that was a problem. she went on to say how their friendship would never be the same however nope- no problem. i fwd said message to MOH she went into a rant about how she's 32 and she don't need friends. again - IDGAF BM2- is planning a bach shower for me with bm1 sans MOH in case MOH doesn't come through. bm1 telling me its not a bach party because thats MOH job while bm2 telling me it is. I told them both to nevermind and drop it. BM3- i got about 40 emails from her complaining about EVERYTHING. her dress, her stomach, how cold her toes are going to be and where she's going to get cute shoes so her toes dont freeze. again- I REALLY DGAF Well sat i had my hair/makeup trial and the girl told me the prices. I bcc'd them all and told them her prices and to let me know if they want it done, i would need a prepayment by dec 1st and she would write up a contract. I got a barrage of idiotic reply emails. that was IT. I replied all them back and said NEVERMIND. figure it out. just be at hotel by 11am. well MOH didn't like that. apparently I was rude and she would never do me like that. (this from the girl who texts me shyt like "while you were out loving your friends last night my baby dad was hugged up with some girl. ". <-- again, IDGAF. don't EVER make me feel guilty for having fun while you up under some dbag that don't want you. anyways, MOH wants to get together evening after work to "talk about it" which i'm assuming is code for "tell me how much of a B**** I am". so i don't know how this is going to turn out. Tomorrow i'm writing down all the things i like and don't like about her so if this turns into a T bashing party i'm locked and loaded. END RANT. (thanks for listening!)
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!! i am so sorry you have to deal with all of that. truthfully, i wouldn't discuss anything further. i like that you emailed them saying "NEVERMIND". if all they're concerned about is their own selfish needs/wants/concerns/drama or whatever, then they can do it on their own time. they just need to be in place!

i hope it all works out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TASH... I am sooo sorry..it is ridiculous how some people can all of a sudden want to take your happiness and trash it... It is soo inconsiderate.. and they always want to make it seem like "we did them wrong"...

I am glad you have the IDGAF type of attitude.. because that is the only way you will be able to not let it get to you. (I know that it does hurt because these are suppose to be your girls)..

Definitely having all your ducks in a row and being prepared is good.. BUT.. at the same time it shouldnt even have to get to that point.. 

I am praying for the whole situation and asking GOD to put some peace in their hearts and adjust their attitudes

dont they know you "aint got time for that"... jk...

S.N. bridezilla... WOULD TOTALLY WANT YOU... sending hugs my VEGAS buddy!!!Wink

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:6968302f-4f01-47d2-a75e-64696b413998">Re: BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BM drama *RANT* : OMG!!!! i am so sorry you have to deal with all of that. truthfully, i wouldn't discuss anything further. i like that you emailed them saying "NEVERMIND". if all they're concerned about is their own selfish needs/wants/concerns/drama or whatever, then they can do it on their own time. they just need to be in place! i hope it all works out for you.
    Posted by mslively6[/QUOTE]

Thanks. and i'm plan on not saying a word to them UNTIL dec 29th. i'm currently debating whether to just refund them all the money for their dresses and not have ANY bm's. i seriously teared up a couple times today. it's so STRESSFUL. i'm not asking for the moon and stars, just care a little.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:a2f556db-72ef-4a28-931b-683a675f9dad">Re: BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BM drama *RANT* : Thanks. and i'm plan on not saying a word to them UNTIL dec 29th. i'm currently debating whether to just refund them all the money for their dresses and not have ANY bm's. i seriously teared up a couple times today. it's so STRESSFUL. <strong>i'm not asking for the moon and stars, just care a little.
    </strong>Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! I totally understand!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Off with their heads!!!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Omg. Are you kidding me. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Pray about it and let God lead your tongue. Let her stupid not you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tash...I saw what you are going through with these chicks. I say refund them that $300+ and let them be guests at your wedding. They are making it seem like your wedding is incoveniencing their lives! Such BS! 

You have so much going on, you really don't need the extra that these chicks are giving, ya know! I know you are the most laid back person ever...so no need for these "ladies" to be tripping SMH! I say let 'em go. Only you know what's best for your sanity. Love ya much

Cha

#team.drop.dey.as....
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:ca9d3f17-0379-424b-9392-60eb8223d401">Re: BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tash...I saw what you are going through with these chicks. I say refund them that $300+ and let them be guests at your wedding. They are making it seem like your wedding is incoveniencing their lives! Such BS!  You have so much going on, you really don't need the extra that these chicks are giving, ya know! I know you are the most laid back person ever...so no need for these "ladies" to be tripping SMH! I say let 'em go. Only you know what's best for your sanity. Love ya much Cha<strong><em> #team.drop.dey.as....
    </em></strong>Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

im totally on this team!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my personality is to put all of them out of  the wedding. no drama ,  no stress free day is warranted!
  •  I am with Cha but they wouldnt get a single cent from me. They would simply stop recieving info
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Tash, i'm sorry that you are going through this.. Sometimes the BMs forget what their role are in the wedding.. But honestly i'm with CHA CHA on this one.. I say drop them.. You don't need them.. At the end of the day it's about you and your hubby.. So if they want to be caught up in themselves, let them be by themselves.. I feel so bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tash..I completely understand how you're feeling. IDK what is going with these BMs. Its like they just cant be happy for you. I had my breakdown the other night about them. I am a genuiely happy for you type of person. Im always supportive and there even when my situation aint seeing the sunshine. They just like its not me so owell. I just dont get it..smh..im praying for you !
  • I'm so sorry Tash. I really do hate to hear this. And your update makes me upset for you. I would drop them too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Oh no :( I hope things get better. That is why you have us and we will be your bridesmaids! Well at least we will be the support system that they are not.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:3b14fe0b-981b-42cc-8d64-dd38e0fadf3e">Re: BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Off with their heads!!!! LOL!
    </strong>Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]

Love MissusD1116's response & I agree w/ Cha as well. Hopefully after the meeting the MOH will see that u need her support & that this day is not about her b/c from the last message where she decided she was the MOHzilla it seems as though she may be a tad bit confused. If she is able to understand maybe she'll be able to talk to the BMs too & get them to understand. Otherwise they can sit & enjoy b/c who needs that type of "support" standing by their side?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-drama-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2854dc2f-c4b4-4839-bcae-34c6db7425afPost:ca9d3f17-0379-424b-9392-60eb8223d401">Re: BM drama *RANT*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tash...I saw what you are going through with these chicks. I say refund them that $300+ and let them be guests at your wedding. They are making it seem like your wedding is incoveniencing their lives! Such BS!  You have so much going on, you really don't need the extra that these chicks are giving, ya know! I know you are the most laid back person ever...so no need for these "ladies" to be tripping SMH! I say let 'em go. Only you know what's best for your sanity. Love ya much Cha #<strong>team.drop.dey.as....</strong>
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

{drops bill & passes plate}  + J's spin - don't return a solid dolla.

no girl, real talk? cry it out, thas what we're here for but about them, please click the unlike button and keep it low-stress.   Maintain friendships?  absolutely, but give what you are given mija:  Nada.   Furtha?  I wouldn't even bring it up, when they ask (eventually) what the haps is, tell em I already said nevermind.   Seriously, you don't have time for this.
  • I dont know what the problem with bridesmaids are. I was one and everything that was asked of me I did it and ON TIME. The girls I have are dismissing things I say too so how I will react to that????..............They will get married one day and they will feel excatly how I feel now. Give them what they give you. Dont worry about what they are not doing because in the end, they will need you the way you need them now. I dont worry about it and keep it movin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards