Washington-Seattle
Options

Vent: Dress Purchase

So I "purchased" a dress today with my deposit (some of you may know the story).  I'm just so pissed about the whole ordeal, it makes me sick.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this extra dress but right now I am just plain upset and sick my stomach over it.  What a waste of money!

Re: Vent: Dress Purchase

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about that :(  I think it's absolute CRAP them claiming YOU have to wear the dress. That's not even legal I think. Did you try to order one in a very common size that has universal appeal so you have a better chance of selling it off? What are you doing about them...filing with BBB and Attorney General? I really think you should.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry. =(What dress did you end up ordering?
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I hope you took up lots of their time trying on all the dresses in the store!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh make no mistake-I REFUSE to wear a dress from their store.  Since my deposit was for $2,125, and all their long dresses start at $3000+, I ordered a short dress that my deposit would cover.  It's a Melissa Sweet Luella in a size 8.  It's a cute dress and I think a standard size 8 could be worn by most.  I'll have to wait until it shows up to sell it. :(  So sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for your support.  I always feel better after blogging on here. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, it was so bad, I couldn't even stomach going in to the store.  I just called them up and said "this is what I want."  To make it worse, I had to pay an extra $9.75 to cover the cost.  I don't want to even look at them.  I almost had the dress shipped to my house but of course, that was going to cost my an extra $65.  I've given them enough of my money.  I'll just have to deal with it when it comes it.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I get a Cliff's notes on what happened?  I'm confused...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carrie, I'll post on the FB page tonight.  I just want to make sure there aren't any lurkers on here. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry. That is lame. I hope you are able to sell it later and recoup most of the cost.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a really cute dress. When is it supposed to come in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What was the $9.75 for? The amount due after deducting your deposit or something else?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at it. That is super cute! When I googled it I actually came up with a wedding bee classified post for someone wanting it in a size ten, maybe start looking in the classifieds to see if someone is interested in it?  
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be fb-ing away tonight.  Totally understand your concern about them lurking.Although when you get it, you should complain to:1) The BBB2) The Attorney General's Office consumer resource center3) Any wedding or review website you can find
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And as for #3, I would suggest posting on Yelp, Citysearch, and WeddingWire.  The best revenge you can have is to deter future customers from doing business with them and helping other brides avoid a bad experience as well.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on contacing the BBB, etc. I'm just waiting until the dress comes in, and everything is final. It is a super cute dress. Hopefully, someone will want it. Melissa, it's supposed to come in around Dec. Jan. timeframe-just in time for me to be already stressed out about my January wedding. Oh joy! I ordered it in a size 8. It seems like size that is pretty average and someone could pull this dress off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! I hope you get it sold when it comes in!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    marksmartinimarksmartini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I really need to get a Facebook! I have no idea what happened but that is a hell of a lot of money to be out! Super cute dress... makes me wish I was a size 8 and rich so I could buy it. I looked up the website for Melissa Sweet and there is only one store for Washington listed. I am making an assumption of where you had this hellish experience. That sucks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Laura. Funny about that post-I talked to the girl from FL but she needs it by Oct. We were going to rush order it for her in her size and measurement but I think in the end she wanted the everything for 1k or so. With the $500 rush shipping I would be out money. Thanks so much for looking!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this dress is absolutely gorgeous. i hope you can deal with it in a way that works best for you!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards