African American Weddings

An Introduction AND a Request for advice :)

Hello AA Brides, 
I have been lurking on the board for a few weeks now and I think it is finally time I introduce myself. I haven't had much time to plan for my March 30 wedding because of studying for the bar but that is finally behind me. 

So, today I ordered my dress. It is Mori Lee 1856. I loved the dress from the moment I put it on and so did everyone in the store (others brides and their guests). So, I put down my deposit for the dress. But in all the awes and ohhs, I completely forgot about the theme of my wedding: RUSTC OUTDOOR CEREMONY! It is not too late to cancel my order, as I have until Wednesday. 

March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: An Introduction AND a Request for advice :)

• happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the board! You will find lots of support h ere.
    I'm a Morilee bride too.. dress 3091 to be exact so I understand where you are coming from.  I started out with having an outdoor ceremony on a wooden deck and gazebo but we have moved the ceremony inside now.  Either way, as long as YOU love your dress it will be just fine.  The layers of ruffles actually remind me of the kind of dress you'd want to wear outside so go for it girl!
    Tell us more about you and your FI!

Here's a tidbit of info if you already didn't know.  Those Morilee dresses have like 5-6 layers underneath so be aware of that when you will be standing outside. 
    80 said yes image
  • CreoleBride30CreoleBride30 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the boards! I absolutely love this dress. I don't think it matters if your wedding is outside or inside on top of a truck! If you love this dress, then this is the dress for you. Do not change your dress as it seems as if you love this dress. As PP said, tell us more about you and your fiance. 

My vote: IT WILL DEFINITELY WORK (wasn't an option, so I couldn't vote :-)

You have just been inducted into the best board on the Knot! Congrats on your engagement and we welcome you with open arms

Cha

Edited: Wait a minute chick: You are in the BR.Louisiana area....you MUST give me more details. Welcome from a Louisiana bride herself! What area will your ceremony recption be held?
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Hello & welcome to the best board on the knot or elswhere.You'll find plent of support, nice ladies and best of all a place where u can talk about your wedding nonstop without sounding irratating to other people...LOL

Congrats on your engagement, your bar and NOW your wedding planning.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome to the board. If this is the dress you fell in love with you should stick with it. You will only regret it if you change. 
    imageAnniversary
  • hey girl.. welcome to the board.. you will love it here. everyone is very helpful.. Also, blessings to you on your results from the bar. one of my besties just took hers last week. So i can imagine the stress that you were under, now you can focus on your wedding.. if you need any help please don't hesitate to PM any of us..
    Okay, as far as your dress. I love it. i think it is sooo pretty.. Congrats on finding her.. :-).. so what else have you done for your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there.  Welcome ot the forum.  Your dress is very pretty.  If you really love it I wouldn't change it.  Like someone said before you may regret it if you do.  Continued happy planning ot you.  Gld to have you onboard. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Thanks Everyone for the warm welcomes!! I feel a part of the community already. 
    Well, FI and I have dated for little over a year before becoming engaged. I am a recent law school graduate (so, unemployed :( ) and he is a  manager at a local store and is getting ready to start grad school this spring. I'm 24.5 and he (Brandon) is 27.He is so not about a wedding and would rather get married at the JOP. 

@Cha yes, I am in BR too but my wedding will be in the boonies lol. It will be between Denham Springs, near Watson. It is halfway between the 2 families (FI is from Kentwood) and since both are contributing equally, we thought it would be fair. His family is grateful mine are complaining already. But I'm off on a tangent and that is a story for a whole 'nother post.  When and where is your wedding?  
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome luvie! Gorgeous dress! Do you! Do what feels right....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @Kitad05: Congrats on your recent graduation!!! That's an exciting time. I have a very good friend who has her own law practice in BR....PM me if you are interested, girl. Did you graduate from SU or LSU? What area of law do you want to practice? 

Well, you know how family can be. Just remember what is important and keep your priorities at hand. You will hear it all...I think all of us can attest to that. If you need to vent, we are here! We are getting married  9/21/12 in New Iberia. 

Cha
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Welcome and double congrats!!! I would keep the dress
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Welcome, hello, and CONGRATS! I googled the dress, it's beautiful! I would keep the dress. play with it. maybe at the end of the night throw on a cute cowgirl hat before you leave. I think everyone will be having so much fun, caught up in the moment, that noone will notice.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hey there lady!! The dress is absolutely beautiful!! Welcome to the board!! Chayla and I are planning a Louisiana get together some time in October!! You have come to a great board!! Congrats on your engagement and I will wait until you answer Cha instead of asking the same questions!!
  • @Cha and Casey, I graduated from LSU and I am in criminal law but I am keeping my options open.  Cha, you are getting married on my mom's bday! And do keep me posted on the get together. Happy Planning!
  • Chayla and I have talked about doing the GTG in New Orleans in October..... We will definitely keep you posted!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_an-introduction-and-a-request-for-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:30ea825c-04b3-45fa-9c44-8653b56a9c6ePost:ccfd1e36-8ada-488e-ae2b-8f94b1243cf7">Re: An Introduction AND a Request for advice :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Cha and Casey, I graduated from LSU and I am in criminal law but I am keeping my options open.  Cha, you are getting married on my mom's bday! And do keep me posted on the get together. Happy Planning!
    Posted by kitad05[/QUOTE]
  • I love it i'm thinking about a morilee dress too going this weekend to try one on lol! I'm having a beach theme wedding and unfortuntely when I went to try on dresses the first time everyone cancelled and my FI ended up coming and he seen me a tule dress and fell in love with it and asked since he already seen me in that dress he wants me to keep the style just find another dress so I'm sure u can imagine Tule and the beach lol! but hey like he say we vow to be diffrent so I may just break the rules and go Tule I just loved the expression on his face when he seen me and I Imagine that face when I'm walking down the isle priceless so VOW TO BE DIFFERENT break the rules! I love it and its ur day 
  • I might be bias because I was a Mori Lee bride too.  That dress is AMAZING.  I say go for it!

Also best of luck to you with the bar.  I have taken it myself and I know first hand how grueling that process can be.  With it behind you, now you can focus on wedding planning.  YAY!!!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_an-introduction-and-a-request-for-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:30ea825c-04b3-45fa-9c44-8653b56a9c6ePost:ccfd1e36-8ada-488e-ae2b-8f94b1243cf7">Re: An Introduction AND a Request for advice :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Cha and Casey, I graduated from LSU and I am in criminal law but I am keeping my options open.  Cha, you are getting married on my mom's bday! And do keep me posted on the get together. Happy Planning!
    Posted by kitad05[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww! Do you remember the 21st of September (singing Earth Wind and Fire). I'm a September baby too!!! We will keep you posted! Thank you.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards