African American Weddings
Options

DIY guestbook that almost broke us up, pashminas, and 2nd hair trial (PIP HEAVY)

Ok, so I wanted to put the words on paper then tape on a candle (we're doing an advice tree for our guestbook). FYI: ink on vellum SMEARS like a mutha!!!  For some reason Fiance hooked the printer up 10 feet from the computer, 10 feet from that is the kitchen table. It was late when I started already so i was tired and a little cranky. So I had to do several test prints on regular paper, go fit it on the candle and I have a fancy paper cutter that's set up on the kitchen table. After the first trial run on vellum the ink didn't show up so then i printed on regular paper, colored in, scanned, the printed on the vellum, an hour later (and about 40 times back and forth between the computer, scanner, kitchen table) I put fiance in charge of cutting. When he went to cut, he'd smear the ink, get pi$$ed and said F IT ALL and mumble some ish under his breath. FINALLY it's done and we're still together. lol.

Also my pashminas came in and i actually LOVE them! I thought that the paisley print would be a bold type imprint, it's not. It's real real light. I actually like the paisley, it gives it a little extra oomph and shimmer. I tried to get pictures but I can't take the stuff out of the bags or set them down because we have a white cat who loves to lay on everything and do nothing but lick stuff and SHED all over stuff.

I also had my 2nd hair trial with a friends cousin- I AM IN LOVE! I like it 100x better than the first hair trial/girl i went to and she's charging me $75 less but for the girls $30 more. so... we'll see. but i'm definitely having her do my hair and make up.

Candle Guestbook:

Pashmina's:

2ND HAIR TRIAL:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: DIY guestbook that almost broke us up, pashminas, and 2nd hair trial (PIP HEAVY)

• Options
    looks great!
  • Options
    Love everything, luv! Great checks!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    I love everything! Especially the hair!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    Awww your guestbook is NEAT!! I love that idea! Your hair is gorgeous!!
  • Options
    Im doing memory table with pictures printed on the vellum like u did. How long does it take the ink to dry? Yours turned out great.. Love Love Love your hair..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i would give it 1 day toiiz. I did our names on 2 smaller candles last night and left the vellum on top of the printer. they were completely dry today and a thousand times easier to work with
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    toiz, check your email.

thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Looks good....love the hair style!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful!!! Love Love Love your hair!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE the hair! omg i want
  • Options
    Awww! Tash!!!! 11 days left hun! You getting everything together!!! All of the above looks good. Sorry the vellum didn't work. I sure thought you could print on vellum too. 

How are you feeling?!?!?! Nervous? How much do you have left to do?

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-guestbook-that-almost-broke-us-up-pashminas-and-2nd-hair-trial-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:32c74dbe-c618-46b7-8eaa-4cb736ec6975Post:23aa109a-19db-4a85-a880-e46fffbff5e6">Re: DIY guestbook that almost broke us up, pashminas, and 2nd hair trial (PIP HEAVY)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww! Tash!!!! 11 days left hun! You getting everything together!!! All of the above looks good. Sorry the vellum didn't work. I sure thought you could print on vellum too.  How are you feeling?!?!?! Nervous? How much do you have left to do? Cha
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

You can print on vellum, but you have to give it alot of time to dry. i'm very nervous. and I think all i have left is the thing to cover railing with. i'm sewing lights on now, but i'm thinking i might borrow a stapler from work and staple the lights to it. I spent 3 hours on it last night and only did about 5 feet (i have 30 ft of material).
  • Options
    I LOVE your hair. Aww..so pretty. and the pashminas are nice..you was fretting over nothing !! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards