African American Weddings
Options

FI hates my dress.....

So back when I purchased my dress my FI said he liked the way it fit me. I took him to the store with me because I'm so indecisive, I tired on five dresses and asked him which he liked the best.

I'm not in love with the dress, I like it and settled on it because my October wedding was fast approaching and I still had no dress.

I'm now lost!! David's Bridal said they would take it back if its in perfect condition(which it is, I only had it on twice), tags are attached, and no smells. I would only be able to exchange the dress for something in stock at the store no special orders. That means I would have to take the sample dress. I'm thinking that I will try to sell it on ebay, recycledbride, craigslist or something.

Ok, vent over!!!

Current dress

A few of my favorites, I guess I'm back a square one!

This may be my fav, it was very flattering in the tummy area but I planned to make it strapless

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FI hates my dress.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on your dress and it's one of my top 5 from DB of what I had tried on.  I hope you can find something you like or recoup the money that you spent and sorry FI doesn't like it.  Did he like it when you first tried it on?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Why doesn't he like it? I like it not that it matter what I think.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm confused (but that's happening a lot these days). FI originally said he liked your dress and that's why you chose it- but now he changed his mind. Please explain, because I'm getting mad at your FI right now.

218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no. I am sure everything will work out fine. Next time dont take him with you lol
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and this is exactly why FI wont see my dress until I'm walking down the aisle- men can be so confusing
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:695cb468-d7dd-4123-90e4-20b3084da871">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried on your dress and it's one of my top 5 from DB of what I had tried on.  I hope you can find something you like or recoup the money that you spent and sorry FI doesn't like it. <strong> Did he like it when you first tried it on?
    </strong>Posted by flasweetheart[/QUOTE]

Yea that crazy man liked it when I first tried it on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:4a04253f-3049-460c-b7e3-aa1ca04f862c">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confused (but that's happening a lot these days). FI originally said he liked your dress and that's why you chose it- but now he changed his mind. Please explain, because I'm getting mad at your FI right now.
    Posted by summerbride11[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I chose it was because he liked the dress, when he saw me in it his eyes just lit up. Maybe it was because he was seeing me in wedding dresses for the first time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He was the only person I could take! My MOH would have said she didn't like it cause its not her style, my other MOH was OOT, my grandma is negative all the way around so the only option was FI.

Maybe I can take my brothers next time!!
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well now you know what not to do- don't take FI. Maybe he only likes it the first time seeing it lol. men do weird things though. Wish you the best of luck in finding a new dress though- maybe it'll be a blessing in disguise and you'll get the dress that YOU love. You never know. Maybe because that dress was only an 8 to you, your FI picked up on it and started to dislike. Probably when you pick your dress that you rate as a 10 (or an 11+) and you truly adore your dress, maybe your FI will love it too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:787c5474-672a-4a6d-a5ba-6de28d41240e">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FI hates my dress..... : One of the reasons I chose it was because he liked the dress, when he saw me in it his eyes just lit up. Maybe it was because he was seeing me in wedding dresses for the first time.
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

He still hasn't seen everything all put together- ya' know the hair, make-up , jewelry, etc. If you do end up exchanging for another dress, just go with YOUR gut, something YOU truly love. Either way, let us know what you decide and post pics! I personally like both dresses. GL.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:cdb5ffe6-9daa-4464-a197-3fa27466c910">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]He was the only person I could take! My MOH would have said she didn't like it cause its not her style, my other MOH was OOT, my grandma is negative all the way around so the only option was FI. <font color="#ff0000"><strong>Maybe I can take my brothers next time!!
    </strong></font>Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

Yeah, do that. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on that dress also!  Your second pic is the one I ordered and I love it.  It accenuates my curves perfectly!  Whatever you decide on, I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:861ad02b-7bd6-49ce-9183-8e5834267824">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]and this is exactly why FI wont see my dress until I'm walking down the aisle- men can be so confusing
    Posted by 7venAfricano[/QUOTE]

lol...yea I agree with this post here.

my FI will not see anything until he sees the finished projected. ;)

but I'm sorry he is confusing you.you have to remember men are visual but it's hard for them to conceptualize...meaning they have a hard time seeing the potential of something. They only see what's in front of them (how many movies have the nerdy girl been really beautiful but the dude didn't even see her til she was MADE all beautiful and done up?)

I say...save yourself the headache...tell him you selected a dress and it's a surprise. Keep the dress you have and rock the he*double hockey sticks out of it. Its not worth the headache right now.

But if you have to pick another style...I like the third dress you posted. I absolutely do not like the second one at all. Not that "I" matter....lmbo ;)
    My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-hates-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:33d6d33c-0a12-4686-8c57-42c20622cdadPost:21e4a5c3-d5cd-45ee-9dda-56195867b335">Re: FI hates my dress.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried on that dress also!  Your second pic is the one I ordered and I love it.  It accenuates my curves perfectly!  Whatever you decide on, I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it!
    Posted by simbidi[/QUOTE]

I love that dress but I'm not sure if I will be able to fit it. I'm a 13-14 street size but in DB I average a 14W and that dress doesn't come in womens! I'm currently dieting so maybe I will be able to get in that 16.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I mean the second one at the bottom...which would actually be the third dress...the halter one I don't care for
    My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What size is it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards