African American Weddings
Options

Hello & Make up Recs

Hi!

I usually post on my local board but I have a questions for you ladies...I am nearing the end of my make-up trials and still haven't found an artist I like. I'm getting married in June & live in DE. Does anyone have an recs for artists' who do well with all ranges of skin tones in the Delaware, Philly, NJ area?

Help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!

Re: Hello & Make up Recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The makeup artist I used was Emily from Cheekadee.  At first I was skeptical because she isn't an AA makeup artist but she is trained by MAC which we all know they are supposed to be able to work with all skin tones and types.  So I took a chance and I'm glad I did.  She did an awesome job on my wedding day.  She did my makeup and my bridal party.  My BM's skin tones and types all ranged from lighter to darker complexions and let me just say she impressed the hell outta me and my bridal party.  You can check her out on www.cheekadee.com. GL!

P.S.  She did an awesome job on the lashes too.  I had two BM's who kept saying they didn't like false lashes because they look too fake.  All my BM's including me were rocking individuals on my wedding day, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I did consider her in the beginning but she is already booked on my date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Ria Fortune, she's from NYC and she traveled to central NJ the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The make up artist I am using is name Stephanie West and she is from NJ. Her email is MissWest@optonline.net
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all very much...I'll check it out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards