African American Weddings
Options

A smack of reality...

Soo.. I just realized that time is ticking. LOL.. I have a ton of stuff on this little list before the big day.. I need to focus on these invitiations and DIY stuff.. I did no wedding stuff the entire weekend.. SMH.. How are ya'll time lines coming???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A smack of reality...

• Options

Git er DONE!

My timeline is ok, I have all the major things like dress, venue/church, video, shutterbug.  Also, BM dressed picked, STD's came in and will go out the end of next month.  Designer is working on finalizing invites and other paper goods.

Up next is the florist and any rentals...

Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    I have 3 weeks. I'm working in centerpieces that's all really.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_a-smack-of-reality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3dfaf046-224e-4e9b-939f-502c2ebaa4e0Post:903be8f5-10f3-41a4-b54d-2e42ae1dca7f">A smack of reality...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soo.. I just realized that time is ticking. LOL.. I have a ton of stuff on this little list before the big day.. I need to focus on these invitiations and DIY stuff.. I did no wedding stuff the entire weekend.. SMH.. How are ya'll time lines coming???
    Posted by keysmit[/QUOTE]

I have a week off (I work in the school system) so I plan to get a lot done. Tuxes and dresses are all taken care of, I ordered my dress and it will be here at the end of March. Invitations will be order March 22...I already picked them out, photographer, d.j. and venue payments will be made this week, fiance and i have a food tasting on Sat. so catering is pretty much set, coordinator and I are going to purchase my accessories and decorations on Friday. All thats left is the cake tasting which the appointment will be made today. Whew.... I think I have it all together, I feel like I am missing something...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As of today, I have 60 days. OMG. Talk about panicking! I've paid off the venue, going to pay off the cake & the caterer in the next couple of weeks. And then pay off the photographer end of March. Still have to buy plane tickets to San Juan, but the cruise is paid for. Meeting the coordinators at the venue on Saturday to go over the layout. And I'm in the process of doing a "packing list" for my coordinators, so they know what's in which box and who the stuff should be going home with at the end of thte night. Getting RSVP's back, so going to work on the seating chart. I have a preliminary one but will move people around as we get responses back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_a-smack-of-reality?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3dfaf046-224e-4e9b-939f-502c2ebaa4e0Post:903be8f5-10f3-41a4-b54d-2e42ae1dca7f">A smack of reality...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Soo.. I just realized that time is ticking. LOL.. I have a ton of stuff on this little list before the big day.. I need to focus on these invitiations and DIY stuff.. I did no wedding stuff the entire weekend.. SMH.. How are ya'll time lines coming???
    Posted by keysmit[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am a stickler for the wedding checklist. Ii buy decorations as i have the money but everything else is by the checklist. :) 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    24 days left and now I trust to get sick. I was supposed to buy FI's wedding band, but was too sick. Ugh. I need to make the wedding programs. The major stuff is done though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everybody seems to be making progress..

@ Deucedst... Hope you feel better hun.. Your day will be here in no time..

@ Fancy.. How you doing?? How you feeling.. I'm so excited for ya'll...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh how I miss you Key! Your time is coming up!!! Not that much longer to go!!!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards