African American Weddings
Options

photographer hours

would six hours be enough or should i go with ten hours?
These are  my choices
  • Two (2) professional photojournalists
  • Six (6) consecutive hours of photography time
  • Two (2) different locations
  • Photo slideshow during reception
  • Special effects processing (B/W, Sepia, etc.)
  • High-resolution disc of all photographs
  • Print release for all photographs
  • Online photo gallery

• Two (2) professional photojournalists
  • Ten (10) consecutive hours of photography time
  • Three (3) different locations
  • Photo slideshow at reception
  • Engagement sitting
  • Special effects processing (B/W, Sepia, etc.)
  • High-resolution disc with print-release
  • Online photo gallery with "at-cost" printing code

Re: photographer hours

• Options
    This would really depend on your timeline and questions like:

-are you getting married in the same location as the reception?
    -are you doing a first look?
    -do you want getting ready pictures?
    -are you doing a "grand" exit i.e. helicopter exit (I will never reference sparkler exit after seeing M1ssJ's wedding...now that I know someone that actually did this..lol)
    -how long is your ceremony? reception?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e04f947-239a-4bcd-bd15-e6033a976440Post:db42ac3c-eaf1-49df-99e3-db3e43f818eb">Re: photographer hours</a>:
    [QUOTE]This would really depend on your timeline and questions like: -are you getting married in the same location as the reception? -are you doing a first look? -do you want getting ready pictures? -are you doing a "grand" exit i.e. helicopter exit (I will never reference sparkler exit after seeing M1ssJ's wedding...now that I know someone that actually did this..lol) -how long is your ceremony? reception?
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This. We need to know more. </div><div>
    </div><div>6 hrs would lead me to think you want getting ready-ceremony-some of reception. 8 sounds like it would have everything covered. 9+ would be if you are having a really long day, maybe want 1st looks, have a 1-1.5 hours cocktail hours plus long reception plus grand exit, etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>But consider what you want they to start and finish. I don't want professional getting ready photos, so that will save time with the photograhper. Also, ask if the hours are start/stop, such as my photograhper is not counting the time we/she is not shooting (waiting for cermony to start, eating times, etc.). So she said we could start/stop our time with her throught the day to make sure we have the photos need.

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e04f947-239a-4bcd-bd15-e6033a976440Post:db42ac3c-eaf1-49df-99e3-db3e43f818eb">Re: photographer hours</a>:
    [QUOTE]This would really depend on your timeline and questions like: -are you getting married in the same location as the reception? -are you doing a first look? -do you want getting ready pictures? -are you doing a "grand" exit i.e. helicopter exit (I will never reference sparkler exit after seeing M1ssJ's wedding...now that I know someone that actually did this..lol) -how long is your ceremony? reception?
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

All of this. Depends on your timeline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    LOL @ Ro

We had 8 hours and it worked out perfectly. We didn't do a first look per se just the prayer. 

I will say that 10 hours seems long unless you intend to take pictures before or after. We took all of our couple photos the day after, if you get 10 hours could you do that?

How long is your ceremony and reception?
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e04f947-239a-4bcd-bd15-e6033a976440Post:db42ac3c-eaf1-49df-99e3-db3e43f818eb">Re: photographer hours</a>:
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]
    getting married in the same place
    we  are doing getting ready pics im up in the air about first look right now.
    ceremony and reception is 5hours
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e04f947-239a-4bcd-bd15-e6033a976440Post:cba42d65-6dca-464e-a9db-b19db186bec5">Re: photographer hours</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: photographer hours : getting married in the same place we  are doing getting ready pics im up in the air about first look right now. ceremony and reception is 5hours
    Posted by cookdt5312014[/QUOTE]

<div>But I am guessing you are wanting to travel off site for pics after ceremony? If so, how far away do you have to travel? Also are you getting ready at venue?</div><div>
    </div><div>We also had a 8hr package. I got ready at the venue and did a first look, so that worked out fine. If you are doing something special at the end of the reception, you just want to ensure that the photographer is around to capture it. My reception/ceremony lasted 6 hours and there were two hours before that built in for getting ready pics, first look and any formal pictures we wanted to take. </div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cookdt5312014cookdt5312014 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    6 hours would probably be enough i can always add 2 hour if not
    our venue is downtown so we are taking some pictures  downtown for 45 minues
    then go the reception. after the reception we are having a after party so i dont know lol.
  • Options
    I'm doing 6 hrs starting downtown and then reception site 45 mins south....i just met with them a few hrs ago and they'd go 28pm...an hr before my ceremony as I get ready to two hrs into my reception....i have all your same perks without the DVD...but this is because this is all I could afford....i would love more time and if u can afford it w/o compromising quality and quantity.....do so...
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    Oh wait I don't get the slideshow....damn!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3e04f947-239a-4bcd-bd15-e6033a976440Post:bc161786-0fad-4c55-9d8b-b174b578b24b">Re:photographer hours</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wait I don't get the slideshow....damn!
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]
    do you really need ths slide show lol! I had no choice it came with the pkg
  • Options
    No but id love it lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards