African American Weddings
Options

Where did you get your placecards?

Has anyone gotten their placecards yet?  I'm not sure if I want to go the business card route on Vistaprint or try to make them on my own or just buy them somewhere else. 
Do you plan on having all of the names printed or is someone going to write the names on the card?  I'm not sure which way to go.  For those of you that are having the names printed, how are you doing that?  Are you printing each card individually at home or somewhere else?  Totally lost on the placecards.

Re: Where did you get your placecards?

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some at Michael's. I figure I may just use those or I can go the DIY route as well.  I get free printing on campus so that where I have been having everything printed for the wedding.  Ill probably just create a template mimicking those from Michaels and make some nice one's with all the RSVP'ed guests names printed on them.  HTH
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i found some on gartnerstudios.com. they are the company that does the "brides" collection at michaels i think. once you get the placecards in the mail, you go on the website and use the template and print them out.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For my aunt's wedding last June I used cutcardstock.com.  We wanted a metallic look and they had those place cards.  The only "problem" was printing.  It took a bit more work than I thought it should but part of the problem was I wasn't using a computer/printer I was familiar with.  But these are tent cards so if you didn't print on them, you would have to write.  Also, a professional printer said they were too small to feed through their machines.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The stationer i have hired is doing all of the paper that is going to be feaured at my wedding. Kind of like package deal, but to save money I am doing a satin seating board vs. individual place cards

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_did-placecards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3fce1c2b-3f10-4e23-8e03-4d807162132ePost:0fef4ebe-660e-4357-8670-7fd4c5533b00">Re: Where did you get your placecards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The stationer i have hired is doing all of the paper that is going to be feaured at my wedding. Kind of like package deal, but to save money I am doing a satin seating board vs. individual place cards
    Posted by A&M_Abyss[/QUOTE]

A&M - do you have a pic of the satin seating board you're using for inspiration?  I love the sound of that and I've never seen one!

We are using a seating board that I am creating.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    staples had mine. they are blank and i can just print the design and info on them.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards