African American Weddings
Options

Pearly Whites...

Hey ladies!!  anyone doing a teeth whitening before the big day? are you doing it professionally with your dentist or a store bought? If store bought which brand did u/will u use?? 
TIA.... Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pearly Whites...

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I talked to my dentist about it and they said unless you have a serious issue with stained teeth, the in-store whitening strips work very well.  My dentist would have charged $350 for their whitening session, and Crest Whitestrips are about $35!  I'm going with the whitestrips - I've used them before and they were very effective.

Thanks for posting b/c that reminds me that I need to go buy them for FI and I!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting mine done at a dentist and he is offering 50 percent off as a gift to me. He is my childhood dentisit
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes, I contemplated doing this but I think I may go with the strips as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely want to have my teeth whitened before the big day and will be going through my dentist.  but I have used the Crest whitestrips before and they work great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using whitening trays from my dentist. They weren't expensive to me about $150 but I wanted them really white. I've used the OTC stuff and they don't do as well as I would like.  I just have to remember to stay away from tea, coffee and dark drinks until the big day.
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a living social deal for $85 (reg $399) for professional teeth whitening for FI and I. I thought it was a great deal, otherwise we would have just done the crest whitening strips as I've heard it produces excellent results
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crest stripes for me.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our dentist office has a program where you can get lifetime refills on whitening gel. Its only $89. I already have mine and FI is going to get his next week.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are doing a store bought one now( they sell a kit a walmart for $6 that comes with mouth trays). I bought ours and some moldable mouth trays from Amazon.com for a $1.72 plus shipping, Its called www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YOXZF6">2x Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel 1 oz

And some more reviews from Makeupalley.com 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well currently I am wearing braces which are scheduled to be off Feb 2012, one month before my wedding but the way its going they will be off before then. My fiance mother works at the dentist office I go to so I basically have a nice deal when it comes to any of my dental work since she's been employed there now for about 21 years. Any who so in my pricing with my braces I get teeth whitening for free which is actually 500 there.

• Options
    WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for posting this ! Fi and I need to have them too. I'm sure we'll go for the store bought ones though, since money is tight...

Can any one tell me when to use them before the big Day? Like a month before etc...

TIA
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm planning to do this as well I would like to have them professionally done.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Wonders I think its usually about 2 weeks worth of product so u can use it closer to your big day...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have mine professionally done, but when I asked my dentist about it, he told me no! He said it would be a waste of money and then showed me a sample of a baby's tooth and held it up to mine and basically said that a professional whitening isn't going to do anything.

I'm still going to try the Crest white strips to see if they do anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crest white strips and maybe by some super smile whitening toothpaste.  I would love professional teeth whitening but that money is going to have to be used in other areas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Using crest whitestrips. I've used it before & it works well for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BrideBling82BrideBling82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting ladies....I need to pick up two boxes!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards