African American Weddings
Options

Trash to Treasre Thursday

So I guess I will start off by saying I wish I could have someone else that I know take our date and time for Fantasea so we could get our $$$ back...

That would be great, wouldnt it?!?

Our trash would be someones treasure indeed...

Ok, I think I am done talking about this situation...lol
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Trash to Treasre Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would post it on Craig's list and your local board.  Also, maybe try the recently engaged board.  I don't think your trash treasure is far fetched at all!  Now being up at 3AM EST is just wrong!  LOL No trash, no treasure, just simple.  LOL
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wish someone would let me buy ostrich feathers without throwing in the vases and other stuff. I just need feathers. That's all!

TysWife2B, I agree with pp. Put an ad out. Maybe another bride can use that date and pay you the money so you can look for another venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tyswife - Idea...maybe you could advertise at a slightly lower rate than what you had to pay. This would require you to eat a little of the money (whatever you can afford, but less than you are losing now), but it may attract a few more people.

I'm really hoping that something happens to turn this situation around for you and your fiance'.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing is, I do not know if they will allow me to have someone take my reservation/date/whatever its called. They would probably still only want to give me $1500 back...

Plus, FI is against me putting an ad out...he feels I am helping Fantasea out when in all actuality I am helping us get our money back...but I guess he feels they should have to work for it instead of us doing the work and bringing them business...he is looking at the bigger picture...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I bought 16 candelablras from craigslist for 120.00 bucks...Her trash was definitely my treasure..she got married in August and wanted them out of her house....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards