Washington-Seattle

Who decorates the bridal suite??

I was wondering if there is any precedent as to who to ask to decorate the bridal suite. Is it the maid of honor's job? Or should I ask someone outside of the bridal party? Also, is it appropriate to leave the decorating up to them or should I provide money/decorating tools for them?Thanks!!Bride in Seattle

Re: Who decorates the bridal suite??

• emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually MOH, Best man, or if you have a DOC they will usually do it.
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Correct or sometimes someone from the Hotel Event Management will too, if asked.
  • edited December 2011
    um...what kind of decorations are done in the bridal suite? I don't know about this...
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Flower petals, candles, champagne, etc.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't ask someone to do it.  If your MOH or BM want to, they'll ask for access or sneak in somehow.  Or your FI may arrange for something (I've seen friends' FI's do this).  But I'd let it happen, if it happens, instead of asking someone.  I don't think it should be anyone's job.
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with carrieoz - I wouldn't ask anyone to do it. In fact, I think it's a little creepy asking someone to decorate the wedding night room. If it's something you want to surprise your fiance with, just call the hotel and ask if it's something they can set up. Rose petals, champagne and maybe some chocolates are pretty typical of most hotels' "romance" packages, and if you let them know it's your wedding night, they might hook you up for free.
  • bkcahoybkcahoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering how you decorate the bridal suite?  What do you usually put in there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards