African American Weddings
Options

bridal expo ~ Vent

i went to one today
and i am tryign to figure out why there were no vendors there
wtf? out side of davids bridal i am trying to figure out what the hell is really going on
they had one make up artist and her primer package was 400 and tht was just for me not my bridal party and for an extra 250 she will follow me around on my big day and fix my makeup
yeah i can do that boo boo for 250 thanks lol

the photographer prices almost made me pass out he was higher than our food cost....
sorry just had to vent a bit lol

it seems the best one was the one i went to in feb and it wont be back til next feb.... :(
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal expo ~ Vent

• Options
    I'm sorry! Yeah, they seem just good for the free food and possible giveaway entries.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    lol i see the fashion show was nice to see the dresses on live people not just the magazines but oh well such is life lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DANG! I haven't been to one yet. I wonder if this is typical.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have been to a few with some of my friends. We saw fashion shows, talked to vendors, looked at event planners and decorations, dug in cake to win prizes....I hate that the show was like that for you....
  • Options
    I don't think this is typical. The ones I've been to had more vendors than I had time to see. I was actually overwhelmed by the amount of vendors and cake/food tasting booths. There were also hair & make-up trials & I even purchased my flower girl's dresses there & they had bridal gowns for sale too that were dirt cheap, Like under $500. I think maybe you should try another one. If that one wasn't hosted by "Perfect Wedding Guide" I would say try one of theirs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e360b35-a5a8-42c5-a133-9c99437a9a4ePost:8c1b404e-482c-4af1-8a93-10317742796c">bridal expo ~ Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]i went to one today and i am tryign to figure out why there were no vendors there wtf? out side of davids bridal i am trying to figure out what the hell is really going on they had one make up artist and her primer package was 400 and tht was just for me not my bridal party and for an extra 250 she will follow me around on my big day and fix my makeup yeah i can do that boo boo for 250 thanks lol the photographer prices almost made me pass out he was higher than our food cost.... sorry just had to vent a bit lol it seems the best one was the one i went to in feb and it wont be back til next feb.... :(
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE

What services are you looking for? I have a lot of connections of vendors in the DMV area because I used to live there and plan weddings for awhile. I have a Soror who's husband is a photographer in the area too. Let me know what you're looking for and I can help..if you want.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-expo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e360b35-a5a8-42c5-a133-9c99437a9a4ePost:773a9c0d-77de-4d0f-983b-0643d5389884">Re: bridal expo ~ Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to bridal expo ~ Vent : [QUOTE][/QUOTE What services are you looking for? I have a lot of connections of vendors in the DMV area because I used to live there and plan weddings for awhile. I have a Soror who's husband is a photographer in the area too. Let me know what you're looking for and I can help..if you want.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

I am looking for a venue for our party
    Caterer and DJ
    These can wait
    I need a photographer now the 2 they had there yesterday were out of my budget lol

This was the smallest expo I went to even the one in Chicago was bigger
    It was one company doing food no cakes one company doing invites
    2 sex toy companies
    1 MUA
    No hair
    Only dress company was David's
    It was hella small I would have been really mad if I paid for the tix lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was suppose to go yesterday.. and totally forgot.. I think I am glad I did..

Sorry it wasted your time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, me, FI and a couple close friends went on Sunday about 2 hours before it closed and it was just alright.  I guess I would give it a grade of C-.  There were plenty of vendors and little give aways and the fashion show.  But the whole thing just screamed CHEESY to me.  I didn't get a sense that these were the best vendors.  It basically confirmed for me that I already had the best vendors booked and should continue using TK and other wedding websites for vendor reviews.  To me that has worked the best.  Some vendors looked like it had been a long day for them and they were too tired to care enough to give a good sales pitch.  But we did get there super late and someone told us that lines had been out the door when they first opened.  I'm glad we went late when there were no lines and you could walk around at ease.  If you go I would definitely recommend not going when they first open.  But I won't be going to anymore.  Once was enough for me.  Been there.  Done that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards