African American Weddings

What type of printer?

Those of you who said you printed addresses directly onto envelopes...what type of printer did you use? I am trying to use my all-in-one, but it isn't cooperating.

I have 6x6 metallic envelopes if it makes any difference at all.
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What type of printer?

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I will do this. I have a Cannon MX 330 or something like that.

What program are you using to do it? And did you tell the printer what size paper you're printing on?
  • edited December 2011
    Just word...and yes, I told it. I'm going to try tricking it though. It isn't liking the paper size so I may tape the daggum envelopes to a regular sized sheet of paper and run them through that way. Such a headache. I bought some nice pens JUST IN CASE, but I'm hoping to make it work!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

You will NOT be taping envelopes to paper! lol. Maybe try using Publisher.

• edited December 2011
    Go into you printer settings and it should give you an option to customize it. Try that and see if it works
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I just saw that your using Microsoft Word (Helps to read all the replies first). If you using 2007 go under where it says page layout/page setup. A box should popup click where it says paper and under paper size click custom size and it will let you put in the width and height of your envelopes and that should work.  When you go to print you may have to change where the paper source is coming from also but just play around with it and it should work.  Hope this helps sorry for the late reply couldn't post from my cellphone and don't have access to the knot at my current job

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I got it to work...I used all of the suggestions that I got here, changed settings, googled for help, etc. I really think my printer is just not agreeing with the paper.

However, I REALLY taped the envelopes to paper and they printed perfectly. Finally, my thinking out of the box got me somewhere...lol.

AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I was clear about the original problem either...it isn't that the settings weren't right...it's that the printer jammed every time it fed the paper. My printer only has one way to put paper in and you can adjust the size, but not the actual place that you feed it, if that makes sense.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_type-of-printer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:51062c9c-24f4-4d80-9365-586ed3552066Post:e77c91ba-3c7a-4853-abb0-1bd2f344765c">Re: What type of printer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You will NOT be taping envelopes to paper! lol. Maybe try using Publisher.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Lol @ this!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you got it to work.  I'm not mad at you for taping it to the paper if everything else wasn't working and that was then you gotta do what you gotta do
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards