African American Weddings

Starting Off The Prayer Thread

I have noticed a lot of us have some things going on in our lives for which we are in need of prayer.  In all actuality, we all need prayer just to get through these weddings with our sanity.  I propose that those interested in participating post your intentions here, in this thread.  Feel free to keep them private if you so choose, you could put something like, "for a special intention".  This way we can pray for each other.

I'll go first, I would like to pray for my family, we've got some things going on since my grandmother's death and we are not sticking together as we should.  I'd also like to pray my health improves and I can keep my head above water between work and this upcoming legislative session, this last month of school and planning this wedding.  I will keep my fellow knotties in my prayers for each of their personal intentions.
Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Starting Off The Prayer Thread

• edited December 2011
    God grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know where to hide the bodies of the people that are stressing me out.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you mandikaykay ...this is RIGHT ON TIME..... and Rodeo417...I like that... "And wisdom to know where to hide the bodies of the people that are stressing me out" .....I really like that Wink.....Here goes... I pray that in all that I'm feeling that I am able to move on thru it knowing that what God has for me IS FOR ME!!!  I pray that I continue to move in my right mind with clarity and forthrightness, in thought, word and deed.. I pray that I can and will make good decisions based on wisdom and wise counsel and can be a blessing to others that need and want to be blessed.  I pray that everything in my family and friend circle stays in decency and order. I pray that I continue to move in the knowledge that WHERE THERE IS VISION...THERE IS PROVISION.  I pray that all the feelings of fear of the unknown and doubt concerning what is to come are banished and replaced with feelings of peace and provision.  I pray that as internet sisters and friends, we can and will continue to stand in the gap for one another as we go about our daily lives and rituals, experiencing the good and the bad with our families and friends.... knowing that every want will be addressed and every NEED WILL BE MET!!! That is my prayer!!!!  Whew!!!!  I needed that release!!!  Thank you again...Mandikaykay!!! Smile
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lord I  just pray for you to increase my patience, financial responsibility, and wisdom. Lord, teach me how to love you more, and how to rightfully discern. Teach me how to lean on your wisdom and to apply it to my life. Help me to see what mistakes  I am making and how to fix them. Lord I just pray the the load be lifted off my shoulders a little bit. Thank you for all that I have. I know that everything that I have came from you. Lord I pray that you increase my husband's faith. Help his desires be your desires. If there is anything that I can do that will bring him closer to you, please show me, and I will give you all of the praise and all of the glory. Lord please let everything be in your name, in your will, and in your timing. In Jesus name, Amen.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    lord give me the strength to not dwell on the small things. that people will understand when i say that there is a certain way that things should be done, it doesnt mean to have them secretly done another way. that she will understand things arent going to be the way she wants them but the way i see them to be.for me not to sound so inconsiderate and upset when ppl come to me fussing because i changed it when i am the one paying for it! ---amen
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lord I thank you for blessing me. I thank you for showing me that if I just place my faith in you and believe that you will grant me the desires of my heart. God This next year is going to be full of many twists and turns and I am walking in uncharted territories but I know you will get the glory and thank you in advance. In Christ Jesus name Amen.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Heavenly Father I want to thank you for the many blessings you have bestowed upon me, my family, friends, and everyone who even though they were not always worthy of it, you saw fit to show your righteousness and mercy. I ask that you continue to be our heavy load carrier and our burden bearer. for you know everything that we are going through. I ask Father that you continue to look down on FI and his family as we journey through this difficult hour with the passing of his mother. We cannot get through this without and I ask that you continue to remind us that you are always there even when it seems like you aren't. Keep reminding us that sorrow does not last always and that joy comes in the morning.

And finally Father I ask that you look down on everyone represented on this board and have mercy. You know their situations and that you will always be there and never leave them alone. All they have to do is call on your name and it will be so. Keep us in our right minds. Keep us in good health and continue to show love even when it is hard to do some days. All these prayers I pray in your name always......

BTW... Rodeo417 I like that giving you the wisdom to hide those bodies. That tickled me lol. Thanks for lightening the load with humor. Wink

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lord, I thank you for this opportunity to fellowship and worship you via the internet with my knottie sisters.  Father I thank you for you all the ultimate doctor, attorney, real estate agent, banker, and employer.  Father God I ask that you continue to work in the lives of my family and friends and continue to speak to our hearts.  Father I pray we remain willing to hear what you are saying and be doers of your word and not just hearers. 

Lord, I thank you for giving my Fiance a desire and thirst to know you intimately!  I thank you in advance for his total healing.  Father I lift us up as a couple and individually unto you for continued guidance and strength according to your Word.  Father, I thank you for saving us and showing continued mercy.

Father, I lift my Mommy and sisters up unto you Lord, and ask that you keep them covered in your son's precious blood.  Continue to speak to their hearts and bless them as they seek after you.

In Jesus' name I pray, Yaymen!

@Mandikaykay0 Thank you for listening to what the Lord placed on your heart!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_starting-off-prayer-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:522d2f5d-3938-4d5e-a72a-a201a34a0c21Post:309dbc64-ed95-4365-9bd1-83139c7c9af2">Re: Starting Off The Prayer Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you mandikaykay ...this is RIGHT ON TIME ..... and Rodeo417...I like that... " And wisdom to know where to hide the bodies of the people that are stressing me out " .....I really like that .....!!
    Posted by MAGNUM06[/QUOTE]
    With all the stress of planning a wedding i dont think we need anymore from any angle.  humor is a blessing right now!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards