African American Weddings

Estimated Wedding Cost Vs. Actual Budget (got from weddingbee)

http://www.costofwedding.com/index.cfm?action=costest.index

They said my budget was $27,275...HA! the hell it is...my budget is soooooo not this...Its WAY lower...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Estimated Wedding Cost Vs. Actual Budget (got from weddingbee)

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $46,599 is my budget.   Umm...I hate to say this but this is not too far off from what the total cost may be whn you include the HM.  Man seeing that number makes me cringe. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was only $19k. I still didn't pay half of that!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It said mine was $29,363, Uh no, we spent about half but probably would have spent more if we actually had our wedding in CO.  Our DW saved us a TON of money in the end.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine said $18K at a minimum but ours isn't even half of that.
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    $46,038 

Sadly this is below what we are spending. Once I add in my reception dress and extra limos we go over this amount.

Look carefully, they counted engagement rings and wedding rings.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Dang, I can't use it since i'm getting married in another country, but if it were here apparently my budget is ~$19k. So not the case. Not even close to half. Yippee for destination weddings!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is 37,500 that seems about right for South Florida.

• edited December 2011
    Mine is $26,277. Definitely not spending even half that amount.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

LMAOOO!! $52,196 ------ the hell?  But then again everything in Jersey is over-priced.

We spent a little less than a half of that.

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My estimated budget is 21,150. My actual budget is around 13k but this excludes hm. my mom is paying for my hm. Thanks mom!

• hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was $46,612...we ended up spending about 35k including rings, attire, HM - way over budget!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chescamchescam member
    edited December 2011
    wow, very interesting. Ours was $59,146. Our actual budget was around $15K. 
    We were lucky and got really great deals. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011

I got $35,968... this is soooo not even the case.. we are way less than 1/2 of that!... lol.. they completely underestimate the power of DIY!!!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow.....$46,650, I wish I would!!!  Definitely not spending that much.  This truly an eye opener though.
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_estimated-wedding-cost-vs-actual-budget-got-weddingbee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5367eb3f-7ed9-4bfa-bf5b-5f6d070163dfPost:724c8409-33df-4224-bf07-a363be99bd8a">Re: Estimated Wedding Cost Vs. Actual Budget (got from weddingbee)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was $46,612...we ended up spending about 35k including rings, attire, HM - way over budget!
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

GIRL, we need to talk! How did you pay for 250 people with less than $45K??
    I need all your tips ASAP!!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • edited December 2011

They put us at $56k...I guess that could be true for a Jersey wedding....I honestly have no idea if that is actually true or not since my parents paid for the bulk of the wedding...HOWEVER...if it is true...If I had known then what I know now...I would have taken the cash!! :)

• edited December 2011
    My budget is 20,000.  the estimate for San Antonio is between 19,000 and 32,000 so i am doing pretty good.  So far we are about 2500 under our budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It said ~ 25K --- thank God for destination weddings my budget is $10K.

Anniversary
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_estimated-wedding-cost-vs-actual-budget-got-weddingbee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5367eb3f-7ed9-4bfa-bf5b-5f6d070163dfPost:741fd9f1-c293-4f7c-a6d9-5c744a938a96">Re: Estimated Wedding Cost Vs. Actual Budget (got from weddingbee)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Estimated Wedding Cost Vs. Actual Budget (got from weddingbee) : GIRL, we need to talk! How did you pay for 250 people with less than $45K?? I need all your tips ASAP!!
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

<div>My DH is a smooth negotiator and was able to get us a GREAT deal with our photog and videographer. Also, our venue let us bring our own drinks, so we were able to have an open bar all night for a fraction of the cost. This saved us a TON!!! It was a pain getting all the drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic) and transporting them to the venue the day b4, but I wasn't complaining. I didn't use a planner either, my OCD and control freak nature wouldn't let, plus I didn't incur the addtional expense.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our weddings sound similar, so let me know if you have questions. Everyone keeps telling me to become a wedding planner and I'm actually starting to consider it lol</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Mine says 38,000 and I've spent about 32,000 so that's about right sad to say :-(! I just knew was going to be able to brag about it being wrong lol
  • edited December 2011
    They estimated mine to be $33,466, which is fairly accurate for the size of our guest list had we had our wedding in hotel or traditional venue.  However, we opted to rent a non-tradtional space, hire a fab caterer and leverage my reationships with vendors for good prices on services. We also received large items that were gifts to us like the limo, cake, wine for the bar, videography and discounts on the costs for photography, florals, DJ. All said and done, exclusive of attire and rings, we spent less than $9,000.
    Anniversary
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    edited December 2011
    @hattropes: You have a PM.
  • lawyergurllawyergurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW, mine said $61,395. No we won't be spending that, but in Dallas for what we want I am thinking closer to 45K including honeymoon. I am not a big DIYer and I figured after mucking up DIY projects I would just end up paying someone to do them properly anyway, so I am not even going that route for 99% of the stuff...LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards