African American Weddings
Options

Question of the Day

What is your dream job and are you currently in that dream job?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Question of the Day

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dream job is to be a lawyer preferably Corporate law. I got my paralegal certification in 2008 and I got my BS and Political Science Pre law. I just cant swallow the $100K that it will cost me to go to law school right now so I am keeping hope alive.

I would settle for something in the legal field just so I could be around what I really want to do but no luck so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dream job would be in Forensics or Forensic Psychology.  I am absolutely not in my dream job at all. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dream job - that's been my problem because there isn't any one thing I like to do most.  However, one of my favorite "jobs" was selling real estate.  What I liked about it most is that I had the opportunity to educate home buyers and sellers about all aspects of buying/selling a home, so it satisfied the teaching aspect since I enjoy teaching.  Also, the flexibility, which would be in a "dream job".  I hate sitting at a desk all day.  I am literally going crazy on my current job because I don't have any flexibility.  I also enjoyed the opportunity to work with community groups while I was at Lone Star College.  It wasn't in my job description but all of my bosses allowed me to assist community groups in their education-related projects.  I also enjoy planning and budget immensely, which is why I know I will have serious issues once the wedding is over!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dream job is stay-at-home mom/volunteer.  I am halfway there since I work from home now - it's the next best thing to being a stay-at-home mom.  And it works for now since it's nice having the paycheck and we don't have kids yet so I see no reason to stay home without a job.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Event planner, im a teacher now
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dream job would be a Health Services Manager at a hospital. I have my BS in Health Services Management, but I won't be able to get my MHA until after the wedding. The only other problem I have is the closest school is 3 hours away. If I go out of state it will be 2 1/2 hours away from FI. I've looked into online programs and they cost 89k!! I would love to try to help fix the broken healthcare system. Right now I work at a health insurance company and listen to peple say how much they hate the insurance company..yea I know.
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dream job would definitely be working as a publicist. I have a bachelors in Public Relations but I graduated right when the recession hit and I couldn't get a job in my dream field for nothing! PR firms were closing everywhere! Soooo I went back to school for my Masters in education but that's not where my passion is. I think I've finally made the right decision to join the military and I can't wait to begin my new career path after the wedding. My FI is military and he loves it and I can't wait to share that same passion with him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't necessarily have my "dream job" but I have the "dream work environment." My boss is really nice she doesn't micromanage me. My coworkers are friendly and helpful and give me my "space".  If I need to come in late or leave early, no one cares as long as my work is done and what I do at work isn't stressful at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my dream job using my degree would be a researcher at a top facility or being a pharmacist.  i do love being in the lab so i lam doing that.  however this isn't the place for me anymore.

my other dream jobs would be me teaching yoga everyday (i teach once a week) and
    doing my jewelry work full-time. 

@mserika1, i did forensics for almost fouryears.  i was a drug analyst.  i loved it but the money down here was lacking. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uhmmm... I dont really know.. I am earning my AS in Science and then going back for IT degree. However those two fit together I would love it... and maybe a Sign Language Certificate also just to kick it up a notch...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always wanted to be a Forensic Psychologist mainly interviewing & studying the minds of serial killers. I used to work in an all male prison for 4 years in segregation but I hated it. You have to have tough skin to work there. So I went to Dental School.

I currently work in Dental & Oral / Maxillofacial Surgery at the VA Hospital. Its an exciting & rewarding job because I get to help all of our military soldiers.
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dream job- being a stay at home mom and successful author. I'm a stay at home mom at present since I have 3 kids, ages 5, 4 and 1 1/2 but the author thing is still a little ways off. I'm nearly finished completing my first book though and have 4 others that I have already started work on. I'm hoping to have the first book completed before February next year, but at the rate I'm going I may be done sooner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_question-of-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:56aab666-6c08-4b1c-bcb3-224d30d18610Post:dbd71151-b6e9-4c36-8498-1c802c90d6ad">Re: Question of the Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dream job is stay-at-home mom/volunteer.  Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I have a great job with great benifits and flexibilty now....BUT if I won the lotto I would love to be able to devote more time to my family.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @missheaven...my dream job was also to be a forensic psychologist I wanted to know more about the minds of serial killers also so I got my BS in Psychology but during undergrad I started working with children who had learning disabilities and in working with them I learned a lot about their parents and many of them came from homes with substance abuse. So I went into the field of Rehabilitation Counseling, I really want to have my own counseling center working with military families, adolescents with substance abuse problems, and parenting programs for African American fathers I've done a lot of research and work  with these populations , plus I want to be a professor on the side....lol I know that sounds like a lot
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Having a non profit organiztion for teen mothers.

KYPHILLY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards