African American Weddings
Options

wedding fund???

Background: I teach junior high and usually do some sort of part-time work (outside of education) in the summer and sometimes during the school year. I just finished my master's in December, so I was planning to get a part-time job w/ all of my newfound free time. Then I got engaged, so I thought part-time job = wedding fund.

Well, I have an interview @ Charming Charlie's (kind of like Claire's for adults) today and FI just called to let me know that I have an interview w/ Michael's on Friday. Now, I am assuming that both pay around minimum wage (hopefully a little more). But Michael's has a 25% associate discount! If I am able to use that in addition to regular sales/coupons - score! (I am a definite budget/diy bride).

Anywho, what do you think? I am of course assuming I will be offered both jobs. But with such a gap b/w interviews, I don't know what to do! Don't want to pass on CC and then not get Michael's. What if pay is better at CC? But I won't even know that unless I make both interviews. How do I put off CC until after Michael's interview (if I even get the job?)

okay, sorry so lengthy, but these are the thoughts  running through my head right now. Any input/advice greatly appreciated.

tia
Courtney

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?


?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?


Re: wedding fund???

  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the interviews!
    I say discuss the position and ask if you can think about accepting the offer. Let'em sweat a littleMoney mouth
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That makes sense. I just didn't know if waiting until like Saturday would be too long. I know they are probably going to be in hurry-up mode b/c they are in the process of opening a new store the first week of February. That is what I will probably try to do. I just keep thinking about that discount at Michael's! :D

    ?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?


    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

    Untitled

    ?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

    Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

    ?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?


  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oww, I love both stores!!! But I agree with MrsJJohnson. {And I wish Charming Charlie would reply to me about the job opening they have. I sent them my resume, too. lol}

    Good luck with both jobs and a successful wedding. :)
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sometimes employers dont let you know right away if you got the job or not... so you may have time to do both before you HAVE to choose.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea!I agree with Desi. You may be waiting a while to hear back. Aside from that, I vote for Micheal's.

    I have a wedding fund savings account and I'm not engaged yet.LMAO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I say go with the Michael's offer (if they offer you the job, of course).  If the purpose of the job is to develop a wedding fund, Michael's sounds like the better deal.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all and Desi was right. The lady at CC said they'll be making a decision by the end of the week or early next week, so I'll at least get to go to both interviews.

    Good luck tyboyd. CCs are growing like crazy around here.

    We shall see what happens!

    ?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?


    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

    Untitled

    ?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

    Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

    ?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?


  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been in that sitaution before. I went to both interviews and then chose whichever one appealed more (I got both jobs).

    Most employers don't expect an immediate acceptance, so I'd say to wait a day and mull it over, but if it will be longer than that, accept it, then interview for the other. If you get it, then choose. I know you may end up disappointing one of them, but you will get what you need.

    Either way, I'm sure it will all work out.  GOOD LUCK!!!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

    Our Married Bio
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! And I hope you get BOTH jobs and you get to choose like Amberlynned. 

    (P.S. I applied at BMW Wednesday, interviewed less than 3 hours later and I'm going in today for my background check and drug test!!! WEDDING FUND! lol :D)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards