2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Day - PB-Bride2010

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for allowing me to share a little about myself!!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name
    Ta Trecia and Corey

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age?
    My B-Day July 15th 36 & His B-Day July 15th 38 (Same Birthday)

3. City Born In?
    Pine Bluff, AR

4. City Live in?
    Columbus

5. Where did you go to college?
    University of Arkansas @ Pine Bluff (UAPB-HBCU) and University of Denver

6. What was your major?
    Agriculture Economics and working on my Master’s for Environmental Law

7. What is your current job
    ? Program Manager (My agency helps farmers and rancher protect our most valuable resources).

8. What is your dream job?
    Deputy State Conservationist

9. How did you and your fiancé meet?
    Black Singles, I moved from Colorado to Ohio for a job promotion without knowing anyone other than work related people.  So one of my friends suggested I set up a profile just to meet people.  After about 5 months on the site I get an introduction email from this guy and he was inquires about where is somewhere in Ohio?  That was the name of my city location (I didn’t want any crazies to know where I lived)…so about a few weeks of talking he asked me out on a date I told him I would have to get back with him because I couldn’t make a decision that quickly.  Anyhow we went out on our first day February 15, 2008 and have been together every since. 

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
    October 17, 2009 was not quite our normal Saturday; because I was running last minute errands for an upcoming trip back home to my college homecoming.  So, being it was game day for OSU I decided not to worry him and just let him watch his football and while I finish my last minute shopping.  After a long day of shopping I went home to take a nap and after waking up from my nap I thought gee he must be really into these games, because I just haven’t heard must from him.  So I get a phone call around 5:30 or so to ask if I wanted to go to dinner at 7:00, since I was going to be leaving town.  I was like yeah sure, so I arrived over to his place and he decides he wants to talk….I got to thinking I am hunger….can this wait.  So he start telling me all that I wanted to hear then he got down on one knee I was like OMG.   I starting crying then he pulled the ring out his pocket and asked me to marry him.  I was really crying at that point then I said yes.  I was completely shock, because I was thinking it was going to happen around Thanksgiving or Christmas, but it happened on Sweetest Day…a form of Valentine Day in the Midwest/east coast.     

11. When is the Wedding Day?
    September 25, 2010

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    Childhood Church and Reception-Harbor Oaks

13. What are your wedding colors?
    Burnt Orange, Chocolate, and Ivory

14. Where are you honeymooning? We are still deciding most likely Bahamas or Jamaica

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    Photographer, Wedding Invitations and anything I purchased from Etsy!!!

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    Reception Décor

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't
    ? Photo booth the nearest rental locations is about 2 hours away, so the cost is not justified. 

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend
    ? WOW….This is really hard to decide but probably MIABRIDENTAMPA, OFF OR YAS.

19. Favorite book?
    I really don’t have a favorite book but I read a lot of Kimberla Lawson Rody collections.

20. Favorite movie?
    Tyler Perry’s entire movie collection.  I can’t until WHY DID I GET MARRIED TOO comes out April 2nd.

21. Favorite tv show? Lifetime Movie Network, Reality Shows (Bad Girls lately…I don’t know why), Platinum Wedding, and any other wedding shows!!

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? I don’t have a favorite designer, because I like a lot of them.

23. Any advice you can give
    ? Enjoy the moment and know at the end of the day it your marriage to the most wonderful person in your life.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
    The number of bridal party….I wish I would have followed my heart at went with a smaller number. 

25. Share something about yourself! I have a room that is devoted to Obama….It’s called my Obama Room,  OK….However at this time its being shared by my wedding items.   I worked on the Obama Campaign in Findlay, OH which has less than 1 percent black in the whole county.  I’ve never been involved in any campaign before, but I felt compelled to get involved in the process even though I am government employee.  I was a team leader and the staging director at our campaign office.  I was able to meet Joe Biden, other highly ranked political representative.  l got to go to several Obama Campaign Rallies and most important I phone banked, knocked on doors, worked the get out the vote process and took college students to the polls.  I am glad I was able to make a difference, because I will have something to share with my future son or daughter.  Also, after it was all said and done I create 3 Obama Scrapbook documenting my 4 month activity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I enjoyed reading your post. Just wanted to say you both make a very cute couple. Your smiles make me want to smile :-).

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh....Thank you so much!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww.... thank you for picking my wedding as one you would want to go to! It was so nice reading more about you. I think that it is so cool that you and your honey has the same Birthday!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know that crazy how we celebrate everything together....I even joked to him about having our wedding on our birthday, so I know he will never forget.  He totally shot that joke down....He wasn't having that one!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally loving that you worked so hard on the Presidential Campaign. Regardless of political affiliation, I LOVE when people recognize how important it is to vote and/or to make a difference in the community. Kudos to you! I bet you are celebrating the passing of the Health Care Reform Bill, huh?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PB-Bride - It was so refreshing to read your story.   Thanks for being committed to making a difference in politics, the environment, etc.    You rock. . .  Congratulations and keep up the good work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards