African American Weddings
Options

Whats your Theme?

Is it common to have a theme? We don't have one at all, are we suppose to have one? We are just having a small elegant affair with about 80 friends and family. I love bling (of course) and candles. Where's the theme in that?

Re: Whats your Theme?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well as I'm thinking We are going with the Love Never Fails 1cor. 13 1-13 verse. but I don't know how to visualize that into my invites the decor and etc.... I really would like a theme, lol!
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we  dont  have one  either just  let  it  flow with  the  colors
  • Options
    JustMe4EJustMe4E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We don't have a theme either. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't believe you need to have a theme girl but I do have one and it's "A Soulful Kind of Love" our colors are tiffany blue and guava, kind of carribean'ish if you will. Our basic theme is black love so we will work around that. Soul music, soulfood and lot's of african american type traditions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't really have a theme either, just colors.  If we had to have a theme, it would just be a fun party or something like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You dont really need a theme but I ended up with one because of a necklace that Ive had for soo many years. The colors play in with a Caribbean theme and we're going with the "Live, Laugh, Love".  Even though the ceremony will be semi-formal, the reception will take on the whole relaxed idea.  I have a vision just praying I can find the items to make this vision shine through.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    DineshialaneDineshialane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you NEED one either but mines in Damask, bling and roses, so basically Black and white damask, rose flowers and crystal and glitter where every it fits without taking away from everything
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't really have a theme either, but mine is similar to PP except my "accent" color is turquoise and my main flower is the calla lilly.

Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards