African American Weddings
Options

DIY Invitations =(

I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to make my own invitations...but here I am, frustrated! lol. I want pocket invitations with inserts and I could not find any in the color (gold) I wanted or at a reasonable price. So I decided to make them. I bought all the materials, all the papers and I even made a sample before I ordered all of this. Now the slightest things about them frustrate me. I feel like the cut isn't straight on the paper I cut and it makes me feel soooo tacky.

Anyways, now I just want to buy invitations and forego all the money I already spent on the DIY stuff....which was a lot. I'm so sad!  Anybody else doing DIY invitations?

Re: DIY Invitations =(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not at the invitation stage for the wedding yet but I was going to try to diy to ask my bridesmaids and MOH and flower girl. But yesterday I found a girl on Etsy her profile is LoganP123 and she custom designed them for me to match my color scheme and ideas and it was so cheap! I would sell what you bought on ebay and head over to Etsy. I'm lovin' it. 
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about going semi-DIY? Check out cardsandpockets.com and order pocketfolds already made.
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you can get them cut professionally versus starting from scratch?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted before I saw Queen's idea...that sounds like a plan also.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the etsy tip - am now addicted!!
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making my pockets, I can understand your frustration, it takes patience. try paperandmore, envelopperinc, cardsandpockets
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making my pocketfold invitations now as I type this.  I ordered my pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com and I ordered the paper in full sheets and used my paper cutter.  It took some trial and error (good thing I ordered more than enough paper), but I just gave in to the fact that they won't all look perfect and each one will be unique in its own way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brittanyl8605brittanyl8605 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my pockets and paper from paperandmore. It's all great quality and I got a really good deal. I guess I'm just running out of patience. You guys give me hope! lol

I slept on it and I really don't want to lose my money on this. I have 6 months to go and I just need to pace myself and do a certain amount of per week. I'll post the final product whenever they're finished. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5a3e0dc9-b8e7-4db3-b7b5-e004737b7a2fPost:28b01b55-299b-4c11-8307-f8037af28102">Re: DIY Invitations =(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered my pockets and paper from paperandmore. It's all great quality and I got a really good deal. I guess I'm just running out of patience. You guys give me hope! lol I slept on it and I really don't want to lose my money on this. I have 6 months to go and I just need to pace myself and do a certain amount of per week. I'll post the final product whenever they're finished. Thanks everyone!
    Posted by brittanyl8605[/QUOTE]

Glad you decided to keep going! I'd also suggest going to FedEx Kinko's for the major cutting. They can cut through large stacks of heavy paper at once. Saved my sanity for less than $20!

Where are you in the H? If you need, we can have a DIY meeting, haha. (I'm volunteering myself and TyBoyd, too. I think she'd be down!)

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    brittanyl8605brittanyl8605 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Less than $20?!? Um yes a DIY meeting is in order! Lol. I'm near Katy...but I'll definitely travel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards