African American Weddings
Options

Recommend brands for plus sized bridesmaid dresses

If you had any plus size bridesmaid dresses along with smaller girls, what brand of dresses did you use? I have decided to give the girls the option to choose their own dresses, however I would like to give them the brand to choose from to be consistent with colors and fabric. Thanks.

Re: Recommend brands for plus sized bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our girls chose a dress from Bill Levkoff. I had girls range from size 2 to size 20 and they all actually agreed on 1 dress that fit them all well and that they love.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out my bio.  We used Bari Jay...one of my BMs wears a 20 in everyday clothes and then I have BMs that wear like a 4 or 6...they all got different styles, but in the same length, color and material.
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that bari  jay... how much do their dresses run?
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Alfred Angelo and I have a range of sizes of bridesmaids from an 8 to a 24. Most dresses were about $125 - $150.  I also let my bridesmaid choose their own dress and just kept the color consistent.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well they all got measured and then ordered them online at www.bestbridalprices.com. I also reccomed www.netbride.com (which may be cheaper)...they ranged from $125-$200 depending on the size.
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally had bari jay because they have beautiful empire dresses that you can also get in maternity sizes. However, they run really small- and its about $50 more for plus sizes. I have one in Alfred Angelo and two in Impression. I like Impression better. The prices are better and go up to 20 on a lot of the dresses before the extra fee. The one from Alfred Angelo was for a difficult bridesmaidUndecided. Also, for a cheaper price- they tried the dresses on in store and ordered the from houseofbrides.com and one from bestbridalprices.com. These are the real dresses- not knock offs. HTH
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used www.alfredangelo.com because they have all dresses sized 0-28 at no additional cost!  HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo has some good options and a huge range of sizes. You can always go with David's Bridal but I'm not really a big fan.
  • Options
    nolageenolagee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let my BMs pick their own dress and long as it was around the knee. A few of them chose( one plus size) Impressions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards