African American Weddings
Options

Event Decor

For those that are using outside vendors to decorate their venue. What are some good prices? For like chair covers/sashes, table overlay & centerpieces. Maybe draping as well...Also, if anyone knows of good companies w/ great prices in the Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete area that would be extrmemly helpful too!! Thanx :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Event Decor

• Options
    We have a midway party rental up here (which is no helpt to you) and I got quoted $800 for ceiling draping and $150 for this big 30ft rail. (btw- our venue isn't that big).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It all depends on what exactly you are looking for.

Chair covers & Sashes will run you about $4 a chair.
    Table overlay rentals are probably about $5-10 depending on how intricate the design is.
    I'm not sure about drapery because I didn't really investigate too much because our venue didn't really need it.

I would say that you may come out better purchasing the items instead of renting. At least you could then sell the chair covers / sashes, linen, overlays, etc. and recoup some of your costs.

MsAmeera25 may be able to give you some more insight on decor in the FL area. She got married in Ft. Lauderdale (i think).
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    gmg75241gmg75241 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    chair covers $.50
    chair sash $.25
    www.creativeweddingsqc.com

favors etc
    ceremony candles etc
    reception centerpieces diy
    www.efavormart.com
    www.koyalwholesale.com

all of my other stuff such as event decor, cake, etc are all dallas based only so no help there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Most chair covers with sash rentals start around $3.00-5.00 per chair.
    Check on the AAW Group on FB there are several ladies there in the Florida area that are already married or in the process who can get you more information.
     HTH

• Options
    I'm renting my chair covers and satin sashes for $3 per chair. If I wanted organza sashes, it would be $2. My table overlays are $4.99 each.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks to gmg and the website she posted in her comment I checked out the site she posted and for 70 chair covers and sashes with shipping both ways its costing me 100 even..please check out the site she posted. Other than that, like everyone else said its cost about 4 a chair and then linen is pretty high too. Make sure you shop around !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options

Thanks ladies! & yes for this site www.creativeweddingsqc.com from gmg!!! Great prices!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey! Check out Chris Moore at custom rentals. I have worked with him in the past and they are pretty affordable. He is local in Tampa. I think he also does draping or has a reccomendation for it. The lady that I am familar with for draping is on the pricey side. There is also a florist named Virgina who works out of Publix but does weddings and will deliver set up etc. She is super affordable and she may have/had an outside shop location but I can't remember. Her # is (813)258-9801 ext. 241 HTH.

www.customlinenrentals.com/

• Options
    thank you so much msameera!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_event-decor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:61fa11ea-caa8-4d12-88c9-a13f99dad79aPost:f44a27f3-8e6a-4b66-b8ca-cfa9f8880988">Re: Event Decor</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you so much msameera!!!
    Posted by ladycane015[/QUOTE]

No prob :)

• Options
    Omg lady cane are you in Tampa?! I'm getting married on Clearwater Beach! I've gotten a ton of quotes PM me
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I found Linen Table Cloth to be cheaper than renting.

Going to purchase my table cloths for the 1 year party
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards