African American Weddings
Options

RSVP via Wedding Website

What do you ladies think of this?  This is the route I'm going but I'm reading the boards and it seems as though I'm in the minority.

This was my choice to RSVP because:

1) I will save money on RSVP cards and postage.  Won't have to buy those at all.

2) My family is NOTORIOUS for "forgetting" to put this one little card in the freaking mail.

3) It will force my guests to go to the wedding website to see all the info I'm sure they'd just call me about.

4) No RSVP cards lost in the mail.

5) I will know exactly who I'm getting RSVPs from.

Your thoughts?

Re: RSVP via Wedding Website

• Options
    Those are all logical reasons...

I think it is going to come down to what you think is best for your guests..

I gave my guest both options.. Because there are those people that just aren't computer savvy... and would rather make sure something is "physically in hand"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just like nursing I did both...some people still didnt comply and are sending me text messages and emails....I look at it as at least I have their RSVP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PP. I am doing voicemail (via google account), email, and website. You have to do what is best for you and your people. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-via-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:634d589a-2f78-47e3-b50f-99d47dee9c10Post:5aef4cf7-f9a7-476e-887f-2ad688bfa105">Re: RSVP via Wedding Website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just like nursing I did both...some people still didnt comply and are sending me text messages and emails<strong><em>....I look at it as at least I have their RSVP.
    </em></strong>Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

Exactly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I think its fine! offer your guests multiple ways to RSVP, ppl just wont do it!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I put on the information card that RSVP via our website was preferable but I still included the card. I had to have some way of letting them know how many seats were reserved for them. If they get on the site only the people I want there can RSVP. No add ins. THANK YOU WEDDINGWIRE!!!!!! I'm also going to use Vistaprints 100 free cards to send follow up that I recieved and will reserve ___ seats for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I was thinking to only do rsvp's via website but I ended up doing  the mailed ones and yes people are very forgetful.

145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_rsvp-via-wedding-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:634d589a-2f78-47e3-b50f-99d47dee9c10Post:8455f5f0-cbce-4216-861f-23905843fd67">Re: RSVP via Wedding Website</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are all logical reasons... I think it is going to come down to what you think is best for your guests.. I gave my guest both options.. Because there are those people that just aren't computer savvy... and would rather make sure something is "physically in hand"
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

THIS
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards