African American Weddings
Options

Tuesdays Tips

What do you think is better?

Pay everyting up front for your wedding or take advantage of payment options?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tuesdays Tips

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Payment options are fine, as long as the entire wedding is paid off (in cash) by the big day!  We are doing a mix of both - don't really trust certain vendors, so we are not paying them upfront.  But we will pay them all off the day of the wedding!   Other vendors are awesome and we trust them, so they have been paid off already.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lyar915lyar915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesdays-tips-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:64bf28a6-45b9-4896-a86e-2bb04ce2bd4fPost:17157a88-787d-449d-ad34-88b1bfec74ab">Re: Tuesdays Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font color="#ff0000">Payment options are fine, as long as the entire wedding is paid off (in cash) by the big day!</font>  We are doing a mix of both - don't really trust certain vendors, so we are not paying them upfront.  But we will pay them all off the day of the wedding!   Other vendors are awesome and we trust them, so they have been paid off already.
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]
     I agree!!! This is my plan.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes, we are paying everything off by our wedding day!

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We are paying everything off by the big day, except for the videographer, she will get payment the day of.
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Cincy - paying off the vendors we trust and the rest will be paid off on wedding day. Payment plans are great, but only if all paid off by the wedding - I don't think it's a great idea to go into a marriage with wedding debt if at all possibe...only get what you can afford IMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I only paid my dress in full. But everything else consists of making payments every month. I'm not balling like that to even consider paying everything upfront. Not even an option..lol! But everything will be paid off before the wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesdays-tips-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:64bf28a6-45b9-4896-a86e-2bb04ce2bd4fPost:17157a88-787d-449d-ad34-88b1bfec74ab">Re: Tuesdays Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]Payment options are fine, as long as the entire wedding is paid off (in cash) by the big day!  We are doing a mix of both - don't really trust certain vendors, so we are not paying them upfront.  But we will pay them all off the day of the wedding!   Other vendors are awesome and we trust them, so they have been paid off already.
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything will be paid off the day of the wedding. We are not going into debt for our wedding. We have paid off numerous vendors. Just a couple more to go. Our plan is to have everything paid off by July.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If there is a HUGE discount for paying up front, then maybe I would do this but only if I was dealing with a well established wedding provider.  Otherwise, I like payment options.  I am a bit leery with paying so much upfront.  Sometimes a venue shuts down all of a sudden and/or vendors go out of business and then the money is all tied up in legalities.  I would just rather pay along the way. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards