African American Weddings
Options

A proofreading request

Someone, anyone, please look over my invitation wording. I think it looks fine but I would like an outside opinion before I confirm it with invitation company. Thank you.

Two lives united in friendship,

Two friends united in love,

One love united in Christ.

Mrs. bsims726
and
Mr. bsims726

request the honour of your presence
as they vow to join in holy matrimony

on Saturday, the fifteenth of September
two thousand and twelve
at four o'clock in the afternoon

Jesus Christ Tabernacle
123 Wedding Street
Atlanta, Georgia

Reception to follow at

Elegant Reception Hall

234 Wedding Street

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A proofreading request

• Options
    My thoughts:

two thousand twelve
    vs two thousand and twelve

and afterward at a reception or Reception immediately following  vs
    Reception to follow at

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Let me preface this with I am not the one to be proofreading! LOL But I thought it was great. I really like the first part two lives, two friends, and one love in Christ!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

Technically four o'clock is in the afternoon.

But I think putting four o'clock in the evening sounds better.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You should be

Ms. bsmis not mrs
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    I was told that you don't need the word "at" before "four o'clock."
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies, for the input---they really helped. I feel more confident with my wording choices now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_a-proofreading-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:664caa90-d92b-423b-bb13-154b24adc0c8Post:f383dbd4-bcee-4754-93ef-69e608d1895e">Re: A proofreading request</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My thoughts: two thousand twelve vs two thousand and twelve</strong> and afterward at a reception or Reception immediately following  vs Reception to follow at
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

I decided to research this and boy, did it confuse me. Seems like many people are divided on this subject. Well, after much reading, I dediced to keep it as "two thousand and twelve" because I have the word "honour" and they are both formal British influenced. Plus, I like it better that way & I don't think anyone will notice. Thanks for your opinion though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_a-proofreading-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:664caa90-d92b-423b-bb13-154b24adc0c8Post:ec12bf65-b591-48be-90cb-57f129aa0b37">Re: A proofreading request</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me preface this with I am not the one to be proofreading! LOL But I thought it was great. I really like the first part two lives, two friends, and one love in Christ!
    Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

Lol well any opinion helps. When I found the verse online, I knew I needed to include it cuz it fits us perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards