African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Colors

How did you pick your colors???

Was this a simple task?

Were you and FI/DH in agreeance?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Wedding Colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-colors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6a93291d-b142-4dad-979f-55381ad87addPost:cb0e0365-31bb-4a9b-b7ba-bf2e7db77a68">Wedding Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]

How did you pick your colors??? It's close to my favorite color. and i wanted a color that was diverse.

Was this a simple task? Yes indeed! once i saw the colors together I fell inlove

with it and there was no changing it.

Were you and FI/DH in agreeance? Of course
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you pick your colors???  i let FI pick then i got my dress and we added black

Was this a simple task? Yes

Were you and FI/DH in agreeance? Yes
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did you pick your colors??? I REALLY like Purple and dark purple reminds me of royalty 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did you pick your colors??? FI came up with Guava and I worked around that by adding Watermelon and Tangerine

image114 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 7 Will be missing out!
    RSVP Deadline May 11th 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    How did you pick your colors???  We started with red and black, but FI didn't like that because our wedding is in the summer, he said to make it brighter.  So red and Turquoise

Was this a simple task?  Yes once I made a decision and committed to it

Were you and FI/DH in agreeance? Originally no, he couldn't visualize it so I we and bought the colors in cardstock and then he was on board.
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How did you pick your colors??? I always love the serenity of green specifically sage and I wanted a bright color to represent a tropical feel so I chose mango orange.
     Was this a simple task? It wasnt to hard.  I went to the fabric store and bought sample fabric to see if it would work and I loved it.

Were you and FI/DH in agreeance? FI is the whatever you like I like decision maker so I guess you can say he was in agreeance.

image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Sadou02

I agree there is something beautiful about green. The eastern tradition of Feng Shui says that green represents life, vigor, renewal, and youth. The color of nature. I think this is a wonderful color to choose for a wedding. My colors are hunter green and gold.

FH accepted the colors I picked. Once I told him the meaning behind the colors I choose he was onboard.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I picked the main color which is teal based on a shoe, LOL I added the cream and the champagne as an accent color because i think they will be beautiful together

Was this a simple task?
    No, because I went through tons of colors

Yes, he is on board with our colors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on The Perfect Pallette website. We picked several inspiration boards that we liked. We narrowed it down to like 6. Then he told me to pick. So, I did a poll on here. lol

Was this a simple task?
    Very!

Yep, because we both picked ones we liked, so in the end, no matter which scheme we picked, we both liked them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted pink and Fi wanted orange and we both wanted ivory

Was this a simple task?
    It took a while to choose colors.

At first we were then when we decided to change colors nothing seem to come together. In the end we both picked ones we liked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards