African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Have any of you ladies read......

Dancing With the One You Love-Living out Submission in the Real World. 

A friend of mine purchased it for me and I received it in the mail yesterday and started reading it today. Its a christian based book.  So far, I understand it about the bibical approch to being submissive to your husband.

Just curious if you ladies have read it and your thoughts on the book?

Re: NWR: Have any of you ladies read......

• Options
    I haven't read it, but I know that topic is extremely controversial on what qualifies as submissive. LOL!

Please share a few interesting points you find in the book. You have my curiosity.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Yes, I would like to know what you find out.. why don't you read it and give us the most important points.. LOL Lordie knows I don't have time to read a book right now. I may have to work on being submissive after we get married! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    ooh... I talk a lot to my friend about "order" in the relationship. I would love to read it. Is it on Amazon?? Would love to get it on the kindle!  

Ok... I just ordered it. I'll let you know (along with the 1000 other books I'm try'na read)
  • Options
    I plan to finish it by this weekend, I will def give you ladies my reviews next week. 

@ Mejai1-the book isnt really long and I hear it is such a good read you won't want to put it down. Keep me posted if you get a sec to read it and we can discuss it.
  • Options
    I can't wait to hear some of the highlights! It may be a post wedding read at this point.I already have 2 on deck
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I added this to my Goodreads list. Do you ladies have any other suggestions for books to read before heading into marriage? I want all the advice and help I can get so we can enjoy the best marriage ever!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-have-any-of-you-ladies-read?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6c6123f3-5c67-438a-87fe-75c72c7f9303Post:8d92ff45-1c4e-4049-9918-4e8c3ab3cdd0">Re: NWR: Have any of you ladies read......</a>:
    [QUOTE]I added this to my Goodreads list. <strong>Do you ladies have any other suggestions for books to read before heading into marriage</strong>? I want all the advice and help I can get so we can enjoy the best marriage ever!
    Posted by McFaro0130[/QUOTE]

The 5 love languages is also a good one.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Love & Respect
    Im about half way through.  Its a long one.... actually it has a workbook to...
    There are parts of it i dont like because some of the characteristics it assumes women have, i do not.  But, in general The idea behind it is sound imo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-have-any-of-you-ladies-read?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6c6123f3-5c67-438a-87fe-75c72c7f9303Post:d71a8a7b-6e12-4dfe-b387-d1d0e2017937">Re: NWR: Have any of you ladies read......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Have any of you ladies read...... : The 5 love languages is also a good one.
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

I didnt read this, but i took the online quiz 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Adding away to my list LOL...have a great day, ladies...
  • Options

5 languages of love is up next on my list.  A coworker wanted me to read it before I was engaged and I didnt get around to it.  It has now made my priority list.

• Options
    FI and I did a course through church on Love & Respect (clicky).  It was awesome.

I read The Five Love Languages quite some time ago, but I refer to the concepts often. It's a great read on how to communicate in our partners' language. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards