African American Weddings
Options

Few Pics from my bridal shower on Saturday (long)...PIP

Hello Ladies,
Haven't really posted in a while. Been wicked busy with wedding planning.

FI and I went to MA on Friday to get a few things done. We applied for our marriage license on Friday. Then finalized our tasting, linens and other things. I am SOOOO thankful the tasting this time went well because I almost left crying after the first tasting.
The reception venue is also going through a complete make-over. So we'll be like the 4th couple to get married at their "new" site. It was fabulous before and I am sure it'll look even better for the wedding.

On Saturday, I had brunch with my sisters. Its the first time we've all been together in 2-years. My sister flew in from Amsterdam for my shower and the other flew in from GA. I felt so loved just to see them cause I know tickets are not cheap.
Had my makeup trial (pics below). I liked working with the makeup artist. She made me so comfortable. I am paying for my bridal party's makeup on the day of. They dont' know but it'll be part of their gift.

On a not so happy note, my dress did not fit :-(. I have to either lost 10-lbs in the next 3 weeks or put in a corset back. While I know I can starve myself to lose the weight, who's to say I'll keep it off until the wedding? So to prevent a dress disaster, I think I'll just get the corset back. That's another $200 I didn't plan on. Oh well...nothing I can do about that now.

My bridal shower was awesome! My sisters got a room at a club. The food was awesome, I got so many nice gifts and it was truly a humbling experience.

We had my bachelorette afterwards. Went to a karaoke studio. My sisters got another room there. All it took was 2-shots to have me singing like a complete idiot. But it was fun and I had a great time.

Whew! I think that's my longest post to date :-). OK...here are the pics

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Few Pics from my bridal shower on Saturday (long)...PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you had a great time!  That cake is awesome!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats a  BAD dress you got on... Love itSmile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GREAT PICTURES!!!! Looks like you had a ball! Congrats!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look so beautiful in that yellow dress!  Glad that you had a wonderful time and that you got to spend time with your sisters as well.  Sorry about the dress, but $200 is worth not having to squirm all day long in a too-tight dress.  :) 

Congrats on a fun bridal shower and bachelorette! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on a sucessful bridal shower. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the dress issue, but at least everything else turned out great. Looked like you really enjoyed yourself. Who made the cake? Very creative!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look great and glad you got to enjoy it with your sisters!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So love your dress, cake, make-up and the pictures!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies. I had a great time. Back to the work week and working on losing 10-lbs in the next 3-weeks. I am resolved to getting the corset back but want to still try to lose the weight.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards