African American Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Dress: Which One?

The theme of my shower is based off of the movie The Color Purple. All of the guests are supposed to wear purple, so I am planning to wear white with purple accessories to stand out.

These are the shoes I plan on wearing:

And here are the only two reasonable white dresses I have found so far:

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Dress: Which One?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like dress # 2 the best, but honestly not a fan of either. Sorry....don't mean to offend. So, I guess I would say to keep looking. When is your shower? I'm starting to see more white attire in stores as the season is changing.

However, the shoes are fab!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the shoes!! I think the dresses are cute, im not a fan for either dress for a bridal shower. Im sure you will find something fabulous and white for the special occassion. Have you looked in White House Black Market or J. Crew. They both have really cute white dresses!!
    Photobucket

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP's love the shoes but I want you to look extra fab and the dresses were cute but I wanted more for you (no offense :) I saw some really nice ones at Ross, JCP, and BR.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with everyone else, the shoes are amazing.  The dresses aren't living up to the shoes.  They are cute but I think you can find something more fab for your bridal shower.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I will keep looking! I will have to go in person cause online isn't doing it for me and I need next weekend! Thank you for the advice though I won't settle!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like dress 1... but i might look a little more for something more special
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keep looking girl. Those dresses are cute but doesn't do your fabulosity standards any justice. look into bebe also

SHOES ARE FIERCE

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I clicked dress 2, but I didn't read the "keep looking" option in time.  That's what I get for rushing.  Anyway, I really think you can keep looking. Try H&M or Nordstrom.  Both have had cute white dresses.  Even Macy's or Dillard's might have something also.

Shoes are beautiful and I love your white dress with purple accessories look! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the shoes keep looking for the dress. How did you other shower go?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards