African American Weddings
Options

Tell It All Thursday

Suggestions anyone?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tell It All Thursday

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok...I got something...

Issues with Bridal Party...

Are all of your girls helpful?

Are any of your girls jealous?

Do your girls communicate with you?

If they are a problem, how do you deal with them?

Have you had to kick anyone out?

Any bridal party woes ladies?
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My only bridal party issue is that my older sister/co-MOH gets on my nerves. She's almost 8 years older than me and has never been married. I think she is secretly jealous that her younger sister is getting married before her. She's always so negative whenever I tell her my ideas. So now I don't really tell her what's going on, and I just let my mama tell her the details.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok...I got something...

Issues with Bridal Party...

Are all of your girls helpful? One of my MOH is very helpful my best friend since the age of 9. She's listened to all of my phone calls, gone to the bridal store with me each time, etc. My other MOH is only concerned about planning the bachelorette party and bridal shower, I hear from her every two weeks. The rest of my party are out of state so I'll probably do more communicating with them when we get closer to the wedding.

Maybe they are secretly I don't know we are very early in the game if they are it will come out in a few months.

One MOH does, the other when she feels like it and my bridesmaids are out of state so every now and then.

I give them time away and when I think things have cooled down and we can both be rational then I contact and we address the issue.

Not yet, FI is about to with some of his groomsmen.

Not yet only getting my FI to pick his groomsmen and to stick with who he has chosen he wants to change every other week because he forgot this person and he's not really that close to that person.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Are all of your girls helpful? Yes. They have given suggestions or let me vent even when they are tired of hearing me.

Are any of your girls jealous? Not that I know of.

Do your girls communicate with you? Yes, they have told me on more than one occassion they are tired of hearing about wedding stuff! lol

If they are a problem, how do you deal with them? We separate to let the feelings cool down so we can talk rationally.

Have you had to kick anyone out? no

Any bridal party woes ladies? We had to kick out of one of FI's GMs. Good thing FI is close to my brothers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops I didn't answer all of the questions. My bad! Let's try this again:

Yes, each of them is helpful in their own way.

I think my older sister is.

Yes, they communicate. My MOH cousin communicates more than my MOH sis though.

I just ignore my sister, she's the only one that causes problems.

Nope.

Not really, other than what I mentioned in my post above.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    reddswifeyreddswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are all of your girls helpful? NO! i have 10 girls (only 2 are local and they others are about an hour or two away, except one of my maids of honor who is in NY)
    i expected the 2 local ones to be way more helpful :(

Are any of your girls jealous? yes, i know for sure of one and she has made that very clear

Do your girls communicate with you? umm...all but one ( my MOH) and best friend since 9th grade and i can NEVER really get ahold of her. i even see she updates her facebook and she just barely ordered her dress :(

out of the 10...9 have ordered. i just gave them a deadline and said that if they didnt have it by that date then not to worry about it

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=b58db669-9261-4440-9877-de14ff242b06&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=1&colorId1=

Have you had to kick anyone out? no, not yet. i thought i was going to have to let my MOH (matron) go but she has stepped up since ordering her dress

Any bridal party woes ladies?ummm, no i dont think so
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having any major bridal party issues...yet. My FI and I decided that since each of our best friends are married that we would include their spouses in our wedding party. I have one MOH and one BM. The MOH and her husband don't have any kids so she's able to do more than the BM since she has two kids. They both are helpful with everything though. I'm not expecting them both to do too much since they do have their own lives to live.

My FI needs to get on the ball with the tuxes though. We get married 8/14 and he knows which tux he wants for him and the guys. They just have to order them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the most part when I need them they are right there. My MOH is the person who goes to look at stuff with me and she went with me when I went to find my dress. One of my other ones said she was going to be my "wedding whore" and do anything I needed, but she barely speaks to me. I haven't even seen her since I've been back in the country for nearly 2 months.

I think my MOH can get that way sometimes, but then she is really supportive. I think its because she is diabetic and those mood swings hit her hard sometimes.

Mostly with my MOH because we talk everyday and have been best friends since we were in 2nd grade. I talk to one of my out of town maids more than my in-town ones. When I need to convey a message to all of them I write a mass facebook message and I call it the "Bridal Party Newsletter".

If they havea problem, how do you deal with them?
    I have two BMs who have been Frienimies since we were in the 10th grade so they have their on and off moments with one another. I just step back and let them work it out. If not they are set on seperate tasks where they don't have to deal with one another.

Nope not yet. Sometimes I feel like it and I think they get my vibe without even seeing me and they straighten up right away.

Really just the Frienimies and none of them have met my out of town maid and her personality might clash with one of those two girls. I'm hoping they end up the best of friends because they have similar personalities, but they might be too similar and clash.
    I picked friends from different circles so they at least know another person in the party who is apart of that same circle so their isn't just one laying duck. I also have a BM who is Pagen and my wedding will be very Christian, but I think she will do fine, she is very respectful to other religions and we are all respectful to her. I just hope no one asks her a blunt question about faith or something, I don't want her put on the spot.

A BIG WORRY is I hope the Best Man won't sleep with one of the BMs. He is coming all the way from London and I know he is a player, he has already slept with one of my BMs and I have 2 kinda lose ones he might try and get in a One Night Stand with...oh the drama to come if that happens! I will try and inform him to keep it in his pants.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards