African American Weddings
Options

*Cincy*

Get the hell out of my thread...if you want to complain, go somewhere else....

JUST KIDDING!!!

Seriously, if your heart is not set on the photog, I say break the news to FI and move forward. Your pictures are the only thing that you have to come back to relive the special day in your life.

There are some things that I am willing to "settle" on but a photographer, NO!

You dont want to have regrets later on. If your instincts are to NOT go with this guy, I say break it to him and move forward...

Just a personal opinion.
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: *Cincy*

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate that Tys.  I have had about three mini-conversations with FI about the photographer and it's always ended with me agreeing to keep him even though I'm concerned.  Even FI said the pics on his site look just okay.  I have asked about the photog on my local board and apparently he has a great reputation, several people responded and said they or their relatives had him at their weddings and loved their shots.  However, I am not everybody else (LOL) so I just don't know if I feel good about this. 

It's definitely been on my mind, and FI and I are about to talk at 8pm so I think I'll bring it up.  Thanks girl!   
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I would bring it up...

When I talked to FI about our photog, he wanted to go with someone else because they were CHEAPER...WTF?!?

It was only like $250 at that!!!

I told him, we like her and we click and work well together, if it costs extra $$$ then so be it!!!

In the end, he said fine...LOL!

I think if you keep bringing up your concern, he may budge...its worth a shot.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I think FI will go with what I want.  I think he more than anything doesn't want to start back at "square one" with the photog decision.  I don't either, but I have to feel comfortable also.  It may be easier to figure out once I move to Cincinnati this summer....it's tough to get 50-11 things done for the wedding when I'm always only in town for 3-4 days at a time...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cincy!!! Isn't your wedding date 06.25.2011?
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL - yes Yas, 6/25/11.  I'm an extreme planner.  Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK I had the convo with FI and it went really well!  I started by confirming with him that he said previously if I didn't want to move forward w/ our current photog that he would want me to look into a few others and we could evaluate them.  He agreed that he still felt that way.  So I reminded him that I've been feeling "iffy" about our photog for a while now and that the pics on his site look just okay.  He said some of them were nice but most were okay.  

Then I said the word that brought it all home (LOL)....I said I wanted our wedding pictures to be INTERESTING.  That's when he really got it.  He totally agreed and he didn't want the standard wedding shots, but pictures that were cool and would be interesting to look at for years to come.  So we agreed that we didn't want to spend an outrageous amount on pics, but we are going to look into a few other options and see what we find.  Thanks for the support ladies!  I feel so much better now!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

ME TOO!!! WE ARE DATE TWINS!!!!! 06-25-2011 is our day!!! I am so excited!!! I am an extreme planner also and have had my photographer booked since Oct 31!!! LOL!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_cincy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:739fb089-12ad-4119-a25e-5dfe7e65ffbbPost:7a80df22-b3d0-4797-921e-858043e300ee">Re: *Cincy*</a>:
    [QUOTE]ME TOO!!! WE ARE DATE TWINS!!!!! 06-25-2011 is our day!!! I am so excited!!! I am an extreme planner also and have had my photographer booked since Oct 31!!! LOL!!!
    Posted by YasJas2011[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG I love it!!  You are getting married in ATL, correct?  That is too funny that you'll be getting married in my adopted hometown while I'm getting married in my new home (Cincinnati)!!!  I am so happy to meet someone else who plans so early - most people look at me like I've lost my mind when I say we have just about everything wrapped up for our <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;" class="Apple-style-span">2011</span></strong> wedding.  LOL! </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_cincy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:739fb089-12ad-4119-a25e-5dfe7e65ffbbPost:2c3cd3db-55a5-4768-8aab-0eb3f2fa8b3f">Re: *Cincy*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Cincy* : OMG I love it!!  You are getting married in ATL, correct?  That is too funny that you'll be getting married in my adopted hometown while I'm getting married in my new home (Cincinnati)!!!  I am so happy to meet someone else who plans so early - most people look at me like I've lost my mind when I say we have just about everything wrapped up for our 2011 wedding.  LOL! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

IOMG!!! YES! I am getting married in ATL! That is too funny. I know right! People thought that I was so crazy but everything will be done by the end of 2010! HA HA! I am so happy to have found a Date twin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards